Tuesday, March 4, 2003
Corey Level, a former HRVHS football player, drops the shovel on a backhoe at Henderson Community Stadium, where groundbreaking for Project Eagle 2003 got underway Thursday morning. Gary Fisher of Fisher Construction, along with Zeller Excavating, began work on the area which will feature new bathrooms as well as a small courtyard adjacent to the stadium. Project Eagle 2003 is an ongoing community project now raising funds for the stadium improvements, set for completion by June.
More like this story
- Missing woman found dead in Columbia River in HR
- Man flees police in HR, falls to death from cliff
- Truck hauling boulders crashes into trees
- Service Announcement: Auren Mitchell
- Death notices for April 26: Paul Pace, Jr., Paul Henson, Ruth French, William Lytle, Beverly Schmidt and Irene Wester
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge