Monday, March 10, 2003
Four Cooper Spur Race Team skiers have qualified to compete against the best racers in the western United States later this month.
Fletcher Hukari was named to the J3 team (13-14 year-olds), while Alex Greene, Wells Stevenson and Ashley Woodworth were each named to the J1/J2 team (15-16 years-old) for the USSA Junior Olympics.
Hood River Valley sophomore Luke McCarthy was chosen as an alternate in his first year of J2 competition.
Hukari, and HRV freshman also competing on the high-school team, will travel to Big Sky, Mont., to compete in slalom, giant slalom and Super G events.
The remaining three CSRT skiers will travel to Mammouth Mountain, Calif., and will compete in the same events plus a downhill race.
Former CSRT skier Lindsay McClure, now racing for the Mt. Hood Academy, qualified for the J1 Junior Olympics.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge