Monday, March 10, 2003
Four Cooper Spur Race Team skiers have qualified to compete against the best racers in the western United States later this month.
Fletcher Hukari was named to the J3 team (13-14 year-olds), while Alex Greene, Wells Stevenson and Ashley Woodworth were each named to the J1/J2 team (15-16 years-old) for the USSA Junior Olympics.
Hood River Valley sophomore Luke McCarthy was chosen as an alternate in his first year of J2 competition.
Hukari, and HRV freshman also competing on the high-school team, will travel to Big Sky, Mont., to compete in slalom, giant slalom and Super G events.
The remaining three CSRT skiers will travel to Mammouth Mountain, Calif., and will compete in the same events plus a downhill race.
Former CSRT skier Lindsay McClure, now racing for the Mt. Hood Academy, qualified for the J1 Junior Olympics.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge