Monday, March 10, 2003
Four Cooper Spur Race Team skiers have qualified to compete against the best racers in the western United States later this month.
Fletcher Hukari was named to the J3 team (13-14 year-olds), while Alex Greene, Wells Stevenson and Ashley Woodworth were each named to the J1/J2 team (15-16 years-old) for the USSA Junior Olympics.
Hood River Valley sophomore Luke McCarthy was chosen as an alternate in his first year of J2 competition.
Hukari, and HRV freshman also competing on the high-school team, will travel to Big Sky, Mont., to compete in slalom, giant slalom and Super G events.
The remaining three CSRT skiers will travel to Mammouth Mountain, Calif., and will compete in the same events plus a downhill race.
Former CSRT skier Lindsay McClure, now racing for the Mt. Hood Academy, qualified for the J1 Junior Olympics.
More like this story
- After a winless 2014 season, HRV girls team places third at state tournament
- HAHRC BEATS: November is Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Initiative: Mindfulness Center trains ‘Mental Health First Aid’
- Red Cross recommends iron-rich foods prior to blood donation
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 21
- Pitch and Pool: Kudos for fall success, and a look ahead
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Doing what it takes to be the ‘Finest’
- Overlapping ‘Pray for Snow’ parties happen Saturday
- Entertainment Update for Nov. 21
- B Gorge-us Boutique opens, shares space with Gandara
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge