Monday, March 10, 2003
Four Cooper Spur Race Team skiers have qualified to compete against the best racers in the western United States later this month.
Fletcher Hukari was named to the J3 team (13-14 year-olds), while Alex Greene, Wells Stevenson and Ashley Woodworth were each named to the J1/J2 team (15-16 years-old) for the USSA Junior Olympics.
Hood River Valley sophomore Luke McCarthy was chosen as an alternate in his first year of J2 competition.
Hukari, and HRV freshman also competing on the high-school team, will travel to Big Sky, Mont., to compete in slalom, giant slalom and Super G events.
The remaining three CSRT skiers will travel to Mammouth Mountain, Calif., and will compete in the same events plus a downhill race.
Former CSRT skier Lindsay McClure, now racing for the Mt. Hood Academy, qualified for the J1 Junior Olympics.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events