Monday, March 10, 2003
Four Cooper Spur Race Team skiers have qualified to compete against the best racers in the western United States later this month.
Fletcher Hukari was named to the J3 team (13-14 year-olds), while Alex Greene, Wells Stevenson and Ashley Woodworth were each named to the J1/J2 team (15-16 years-old) for the USSA Junior Olympics.
Hood River Valley sophomore Luke McCarthy was chosen as an alternate in his first year of J2 competition.
Hukari, and HRV freshman also competing on the high-school team, will travel to Big Sky, Mont., to compete in slalom, giant slalom and Super G events.
The remaining three CSRT skiers will travel to Mammouth Mountain, Calif., and will compete in the same events plus a downhill race.
Former CSRT skier Lindsay McClure, now racing for the Mt. Hood Academy, qualified for the J1 Junior Olympics.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge