Wednesday, March 19, 2003
Tara Schifter Kelley performs at Savino’s on Friday for an evening of original songs and her favorite covers. Her voice, both gutsy and tender, transfixes and intrigues her audiences. Justin Kelley matches Tara’s acoustic guitar work with mellow leads. The musical couple, who are residents of the Gorge and are featured as part of Savino’s ongoing Singer/Songwriter series, are joined by Henry Schifter, opening the sets with solo acoustics and songs.
For more information on upcoming shows, log on to www.savinoslounge.com.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge