Monday, March 24, 2003
Spring lift tickets sold at Meadows
Just in time for Spring Break, Mt. Hood Meadows is offering special spring discount prices, starting on March 21. Adult open-to-close tickets will be just $32, while juniors (7-12 years old) and seniors (65 and older) are just $15. For more information, visit www.skihood.com.
Lifeguard class begins April 7
Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation will be offering an American Red Cross water safety instructor course beginning with a pre-course session on Monday, April 7, at 1 p.m. The class will run April 7, 9, 14, 21, 23, 28 and 30 from 6-9 p.m. Students must also teach either April 15 or 17 from 5:15-7 p.m. Class prerequisites include being at least 17 years of age, and successfully passing the pre-course written and skills test. Course fee is $110 and a minimum of six students is needed. For more info or to register, call 386-1303.
Babe Ruth baseball to host clinic
The Columbia Gorge Babe Ruth Organization is holding a baseball clinic on Saturday, April 5, for players ages 9-18. The clinic will consist of new techniques for fielding, throwing and hitting. BioForce coaches and scouts from Lake Oswego will host the clinic, to be held at the JV field at Hood River Valley High School. Ages 9-12 will play from 9 a.m. to noon and ages 13-18 will be from 1-4 p.m. Cost is $30 per player and space is limited. For more information or to sign up, call Daryn Fogle at 386-2120.
CGWA work party set for April 5
The Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association will hold a work party at Roosevelt Park (Washington) on Saturday, April 5, from 9 a.m. to noon CGWA members, working in conjunction with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, will be raking the area and cleaning the beaches of winter debris. Some painting will also take place. Volunteers are encouraged to bring rakes, wheelbarrows, shovels, weed whackers, etc., for the cause. For more info, call 386-9225.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge