Wednesday, March 26, 2003
The HRV baseball team played its opening game of Spring Break on Monday in Peoria, Ariz., losing 10-1 to Eagle High School of Eagle, Idaho.
The Mustangs got to HRV junior pitcher Heath Goin early, putting up four runs on five hits to chase him after just two innings. Senior Jarrod Fogle came on in relief and pitched the third and fourth innings, giving up two runs on three hits.
Senior Cody Wickwire came in and pitched two-and-two-thirds, giving up four runs on seven hits, before sophomore Bryan Nishimoto closed out the game, getting his only batter to pop out.
Offensively, the Eagles only came up with one hit on the day. Goin’s basehit scored third baseman Ryan Pratt, who had reached on an error.
The Eagles played a double-header Tuesday against Grant H.S. of Portland, but results were not available at press time. They will finish with two games today versus Centennial H.S. of Arizona.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge