Wednesday, March 26, 2003
The HRV baseball team played its opening game of Spring Break on Monday in Peoria, Ariz., losing 10-1 to Eagle High School of Eagle, Idaho.
The Mustangs got to HRV junior pitcher Heath Goin early, putting up four runs on five hits to chase him after just two innings. Senior Jarrod Fogle came on in relief and pitched the third and fourth innings, giving up two runs on three hits.
Senior Cody Wickwire came in and pitched two-and-two-thirds, giving up four runs on seven hits, before sophomore Bryan Nishimoto closed out the game, getting his only batter to pop out.
Offensively, the Eagles only came up with one hit on the day. Goin’s basehit scored third baseman Ryan Pratt, who had reached on an error.
The Eagles played a double-header Tuesday against Grant H.S. of Portland, but results were not available at press time. They will finish with two games today versus Centennial H.S. of Arizona.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays