Wednesday, March 26, 2003
The HRV baseball team played its opening game of Spring Break on Monday in Peoria, Ariz., losing 10-1 to Eagle High School of Eagle, Idaho.
The Mustangs got to HRV junior pitcher Heath Goin early, putting up four runs on five hits to chase him after just two innings. Senior Jarrod Fogle came on in relief and pitched the third and fourth innings, giving up two runs on three hits.
Senior Cody Wickwire came in and pitched two-and-two-thirds, giving up four runs on seven hits, before sophomore Bryan Nishimoto closed out the game, getting his only batter to pop out.
Offensively, the Eagles only came up with one hit on the day. Goin’s basehit scored third baseman Ryan Pratt, who had reached on an error.
The Eagles played a double-header Tuesday against Grant H.S. of Portland, but results were not available at press time. They will finish with two games today versus Centennial H.S. of Arizona.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge