Wednesday, March 26, 2003
The HRV baseball team played its opening game of Spring Break on Monday in Peoria, Ariz., losing 10-1 to Eagle High School of Eagle, Idaho.
The Mustangs got to HRV junior pitcher Heath Goin early, putting up four runs on five hits to chase him after just two innings. Senior Jarrod Fogle came on in relief and pitched the third and fourth innings, giving up two runs on three hits.
Senior Cody Wickwire came in and pitched two-and-two-thirds, giving up four runs on seven hits, before sophomore Bryan Nishimoto closed out the game, getting his only batter to pop out.
Offensively, the Eagles only came up with one hit on the day. Goin’s basehit scored third baseman Ryan Pratt, who had reached on an error.
The Eagles played a double-header Tuesday against Grant H.S. of Portland, but results were not available at press time. They will finish with two games today versus Centennial H.S. of Arizona.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge