Wednesday, March 26, 2003
The HRV baseball team played its opening game of Spring Break on Monday in Peoria, Ariz., losing 10-1 to Eagle High School of Eagle, Idaho.
The Mustangs got to HRV junior pitcher Heath Goin early, putting up four runs on five hits to chase him after just two innings. Senior Jarrod Fogle came on in relief and pitched the third and fourth innings, giving up two runs on three hits.
Senior Cody Wickwire came in and pitched two-and-two-thirds, giving up four runs on seven hits, before sophomore Bryan Nishimoto closed out the game, getting his only batter to pop out.
Offensively, the Eagles only came up with one hit on the day. Goin’s basehit scored third baseman Ryan Pratt, who had reached on an error.
The Eagles played a double-header Tuesday against Grant H.S. of Portland, but results were not available at press time. They will finish with two games today versus Centennial H.S. of Arizona.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge