Wednesday, March 26, 2003
Senior attacker Jon Munk (center) and the Hood River Valley lacrosse team hosted a messy 12-team jamboree last Saturday at Wy’east Middle School in Odell. The Eagles won each of their three one-hour scrimmages against West Linn JV (12-0), Westview (8-5) and Sunset (7-4), but official returns on the Wy’east fields were less than favorable. Because of consistent rainfall last week and poor drainage at the fields, Saturday’s jamboree — which featured 18 games on three fields — rendered the fields unusable for a minimum of two weeks. HRV returns to action March 31 with a league match-up at Wilson H.S. in Portland. Home opener is April 11 vs. Lincoln.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge