Wednesday, March 26, 2003
Senior attacker Jon Munk (center) and the Hood River Valley lacrosse team hosted a messy 12-team jamboree last Saturday at Wy’east Middle School in Odell. The Eagles won each of their three one-hour scrimmages against West Linn JV (12-0), Westview (8-5) and Sunset (7-4), but official returns on the Wy’east fields were less than favorable. Because of consistent rainfall last week and poor drainage at the fields, Saturday’s jamboree — which featured 18 games on three fields — rendered the fields unusable for a minimum of two weeks. HRV returns to action March 31 with a league match-up at Wilson H.S. in Portland. Home opener is April 11 vs. Lincoln.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge