Wednesday, March 26, 2003
Senior attacker Jon Munk (center) and the Hood River Valley lacrosse team hosted a messy 12-team jamboree last Saturday at Wy’east Middle School in Odell. The Eagles won each of their three one-hour scrimmages against West Linn JV (12-0), Westview (8-5) and Sunset (7-4), but official returns on the Wy’east fields were less than favorable. Because of consistent rainfall last week and poor drainage at the fields, Saturday’s jamboree — which featured 18 games on three fields — rendered the fields unusable for a minimum of two weeks. HRV returns to action March 31 with a league match-up at Wilson H.S. in Portland. Home opener is April 11 vs. Lincoln.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge