Wednesday, March 26, 2003
Senior attacker Jon Munk (center) and the Hood River Valley lacrosse team hosted a messy 12-team jamboree last Saturday at Wy’east Middle School in Odell. The Eagles won each of their three one-hour scrimmages against West Linn JV (12-0), Westview (8-5) and Sunset (7-4), but official returns on the Wy’east fields were less than favorable. Because of consistent rainfall last week and poor drainage at the fields, Saturday’s jamboree — which featured 18 games on three fields — rendered the fields unusable for a minimum of two weeks. HRV returns to action March 31 with a league match-up at Wilson H.S. in Portland. Home opener is April 11 vs. Lincoln.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge