Wednesday, March 26, 2003
Parents of Hood River Valley High School Class of 2003 are asking the community to help keep their students safe on June 6 — graduation night.
This year’s Drug and Alcohol Free All Night Graduation Party organizing committee is looking for cash or in-kind donations to help make the party a well-attended event.
The parent-sponsored party has become an annual tradition, encouraging all HRVHS graduates to celebrate together in a fun and safe place. Members of the Hood River Elks Lodge annually donate the use of their facility for the party.
Graduates dance, play games, enter contests and devour food from 11 p.m. until dawn on graduation night.
All the work to organize this project is on a volunteer basis. Organizers report that it takes substantial community support to fund the entertainment, food, music and prizes. Businesses and individuals in the Hood River community and beyond have traditionally contributed to make it a success.
Businesses and private individuals can support the Class of 2003 All Night Graduation Party by sending a check to: Project Graduation, P.O. Box 1252, Hood River, OR 97031. For in-kind donations please call Tina Dye, 541-386-6819 or Val Worth, 541-386-5472. Any Class of 2003 parent who would like to help with the party, please call Julie Byers, 541-386-9205 or Jeannie Chance, 541-386-6649 to find out how to get involved.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge