Wednesday, March 26, 2003
Tonight, Area54 invades Savino’s Lounge to record their Saturday night radio show live from the bar. Bento, half-price drinks mixed with downbeat and lounge rhythms promises for a fun evening.
This weekend, Savino’s continues its new tradition of hosting up and coming stars by brining in Portland sensation the Scott Fisher project.
The 25-year-old piano-pop troubadour will be joined by Lea Krueger. Fisher takes 70s funk/soul/groove and marries it with radio-ready pop suck as David Gray and Coldplay. An Electronica-infused production with tight vocals has made Fisher one of Oregon’s “Top-15” acts to see.
“Scott Fisher plays concise piano pop that’s combination of Ben Folds, Dave Matthews and Thelonius Monk. And it doesn’t hur t that the man can play the piano frightenly well either,” says the Oregonian.
On Saturday, Stephen Ashbrook brings his brand of pop-infused acoustic guitar and songwriting to the stage at Saviono’s.
Ashbrook just relocated to Portland from Phoenix and is quickly making a stir with his strong stage presence and voice which ranges from growling baritone to chilling falsettos.
Music begins at 9:30 p.m. nights. For more informatin, visit www.savinoslounge.com.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge