Wednesday, March 26, 2003
Tonight, Area54 invades Savino’s Lounge to record their Saturday night radio show live from the bar. Bento, half-price drinks mixed with downbeat and lounge rhythms promises for a fun evening.
This weekend, Savino’s continues its new tradition of hosting up and coming stars by brining in Portland sensation the Scott Fisher project.
The 25-year-old piano-pop troubadour will be joined by Lea Krueger. Fisher takes 70s funk/soul/groove and marries it with radio-ready pop suck as David Gray and Coldplay. An Electronica-infused production with tight vocals has made Fisher one of Oregon’s “Top-15” acts to see.
“Scott Fisher plays concise piano pop that’s combination of Ben Folds, Dave Matthews and Thelonius Monk. And it doesn’t hur t that the man can play the piano frightenly well either,” says the Oregonian.
On Saturday, Stephen Ashbrook brings his brand of pop-infused acoustic guitar and songwriting to the stage at Saviono’s.
Ashbrook just relocated to Portland from Phoenix and is quickly making a stir with his strong stage presence and voice which ranges from growling baritone to chilling falsettos.
Music begins at 9:30 p.m. nights. For more informatin, visit www.savinoslounge.com.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge