Wednesday, March 26, 2003
Tonight, Area54 invades Savino’s Lounge to record their Saturday night radio show live from the bar. Bento, half-price drinks mixed with downbeat and lounge rhythms promises for a fun evening.
This weekend, Savino’s continues its new tradition of hosting up and coming stars by brining in Portland sensation the Scott Fisher project.
The 25-year-old piano-pop troubadour will be joined by Lea Krueger. Fisher takes 70s funk/soul/groove and marries it with radio-ready pop suck as David Gray and Coldplay. An Electronica-infused production with tight vocals has made Fisher one of Oregon’s “Top-15” acts to see.
“Scott Fisher plays concise piano pop that’s combination of Ben Folds, Dave Matthews and Thelonius Monk. And it doesn’t hur t that the man can play the piano frightenly well either,” says the Oregonian.
On Saturday, Stephen Ashbrook brings his brand of pop-infused acoustic guitar and songwriting to the stage at Saviono’s.
Ashbrook just relocated to Portland from Phoenix and is quickly making a stir with his strong stage presence and voice which ranges from growling baritone to chilling falsettos.
Music begins at 9:30 p.m. nights. For more informatin, visit www.savinoslounge.com.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge