Tuesday, May 13, 2003
PORTLAND — The Hood River Valley lacrosse team took no prisoners Monday at Sunset, winning the non-league contest, 11-3.
With the score tied 1-1 at the eight-minute mark of the first quarter, HRV went on a five-goal run to put the game away and raise their overall record to 7-6.
“It was great to see our team turn things around and play strong after being beaten down by some losses,” coach Mac Jackson said. “We just took control early and never let up.”
Senior Jon Munk led the Eagles with six goals and two assists. Fellow senior Todd Anderson tallied two scores, while Jacobe Krizman, Tyler Monzie and Kyle Zuercher each had one goal.
Jackson commented specifically on the play of his defense, which was led by Todd Shypertt, Noel Thomas, John Thatcher, Nate Dethman and goalie Sean Jennings.
He was also complimentary of the efforts of Justin Wiley, Will Galvin, Casey Vannet, Michael Clement and MD Low.
Next up, HRV hosts Wilson in a big Columbia Division matchup Friday at 7 p.m.
The JV team is also rolling into Friday. The Eagles won their fifth straight game, 9-4, over Sunset to improve to 7-4 on the season.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge