Tuesday, May 13, 2003
PORTLAND — The Hood River Valley lacrosse team took no prisoners Monday at Sunset, winning the non-league contest, 11-3.
With the score tied 1-1 at the eight-minute mark of the first quarter, HRV went on a five-goal run to put the game away and raise their overall record to 7-6.
“It was great to see our team turn things around and play strong after being beaten down by some losses,” coach Mac Jackson said. “We just took control early and never let up.”
Senior Jon Munk led the Eagles with six goals and two assists. Fellow senior Todd Anderson tallied two scores, while Jacobe Krizman, Tyler Monzie and Kyle Zuercher each had one goal.
Jackson commented specifically on the play of his defense, which was led by Todd Shypertt, Noel Thomas, John Thatcher, Nate Dethman and goalie Sean Jennings.
He was also complimentary of the efforts of Justin Wiley, Will Galvin, Casey Vannet, Michael Clement and MD Low.
Next up, HRV hosts Wilson in a big Columbia Division matchup Friday at 7 p.m.
The JV team is also rolling into Friday. The Eagles won their fifth straight game, 9-4, over Sunset to improve to 7-4 on the season.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge