Tuesday, May 13, 2003
PORTLAND — The Hood River Valley lacrosse team took no prisoners Monday at Sunset, winning the non-league contest, 11-3.
With the score tied 1-1 at the eight-minute mark of the first quarter, HRV went on a five-goal run to put the game away and raise their overall record to 7-6.
“It was great to see our team turn things around and play strong after being beaten down by some losses,” coach Mac Jackson said. “We just took control early and never let up.”
Senior Jon Munk led the Eagles with six goals and two assists. Fellow senior Todd Anderson tallied two scores, while Jacobe Krizman, Tyler Monzie and Kyle Zuercher each had one goal.
Jackson commented specifically on the play of his defense, which was led by Todd Shypertt, Noel Thomas, John Thatcher, Nate Dethman and goalie Sean Jennings.
He was also complimentary of the efforts of Justin Wiley, Will Galvin, Casey Vannet, Michael Clement and MD Low.
Next up, HRV hosts Wilson in a big Columbia Division matchup Friday at 7 p.m.
The JV team is also rolling into Friday. The Eagles won their fifth straight game, 9-4, over Sunset to improve to 7-4 on the season.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events