Wednesday, May 21, 2003
From funk to edgy Americana rock, Hood River has it all this weekend with a full lineup of live music at both the River City Saloon and Savino’s Lounge.
On Friday, Portland diva Linda Hornbuckle returns to the River City with a stellar soul band backing her up. Show begins at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover charge.
Saturday the sounds of Ala Zingara will fill the Saloon. Pulled from the music of gypsies, this band pushes the envelope of middle eastern, greek and celtic with a driving rock undertone.
Finishing out a three-night run of music will be Rubberneck on Sunday. No strangers to Hood River, the Latin lunksters pack the house everytime they play. Show begins at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover.
Across town at Savino’s Lounge, Hood River’s own Blue Trick makes their return to the Gorge this Friday after a national tour.
The three-piece band has been on the road over the past three months, spreading their sound of gritty American pop from their CD “Happy Ride.”
The send-off party packed the house. Blue Trick is hoping for a repeat party.
For more information on River City Saloon, visit www.rivercitysaloon.com or call 387-2583. For more information on Savino’s Lounge, visit www.savinoslounge.com or call 387-5511.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda