Wednesday, May 21, 2003
From funk to edgy Americana rock, Hood River has it all this weekend with a full lineup of live music at both the River City Saloon and Savino’s Lounge.
On Friday, Portland diva Linda Hornbuckle returns to the River City with a stellar soul band backing her up. Show begins at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover charge.
Saturday the sounds of Ala Zingara will fill the Saloon. Pulled from the music of gypsies, this band pushes the envelope of middle eastern, greek and celtic with a driving rock undertone.
Finishing out a three-night run of music will be Rubberneck on Sunday. No strangers to Hood River, the Latin lunksters pack the house everytime they play. Show begins at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover.
Across town at Savino’s Lounge, Hood River’s own Blue Trick makes their return to the Gorge this Friday after a national tour.
The three-piece band has been on the road over the past three months, spreading their sound of gritty American pop from their CD “Happy Ride.”
The send-off party packed the house. Blue Trick is hoping for a repeat party.
For more information on River City Saloon, visit www.rivercitysaloon.com or call 387-2583. For more information on Savino’s Lounge, visit www.savinoslounge.com or call 387-5511.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill