Wednesday, May 21, 2003
From funk to edgy Americana rock, Hood River has it all this weekend with a full lineup of live music at both the River City Saloon and Savino’s Lounge.
On Friday, Portland diva Linda Hornbuckle returns to the River City with a stellar soul band backing her up. Show begins at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover charge.
Saturday the sounds of Ala Zingara will fill the Saloon. Pulled from the music of gypsies, this band pushes the envelope of middle eastern, greek and celtic with a driving rock undertone.
Finishing out a three-night run of music will be Rubberneck on Sunday. No strangers to Hood River, the Latin lunksters pack the house everytime they play. Show begins at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover.
Across town at Savino’s Lounge, Hood River’s own Blue Trick makes their return to the Gorge this Friday after a national tour.
The three-piece band has been on the road over the past three months, spreading their sound of gritty American pop from their CD “Happy Ride.”
The send-off party packed the house. Blue Trick is hoping for a repeat party.
For more information on River City Saloon, visit www.rivercitysaloon.com or call 387-2583. For more information on Savino’s Lounge, visit www.savinoslounge.com or call 387-5511.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge