Wednesday, May 21, 2003
The Meyer Performing Arts Studio is presenting two favorites this week at the Hood River Middle School.
“Peter Pan,” performed by second- through fifth-graders, and “Oliver Twist,” with a cast of middle and high school students from Hood River and the surrounding area, will begin Thursday.
The younger group presents a complete rollick in “Peter Pan!” Twenty second- through fifth-graders adeptly perform this delightful version of the classic tale. Peter Pan, played by Kenzie Yoshimura and Kirsten Lane, are tormented by the dastardly Captain Hook (Avi Maletz and Alicia Everitt). Peter and Tinkerbell (Gracen Bookmeyer and Karrie Hoag) take Wendy, John and Michael (Surreal Hawthorne, Emily Keith, Maggie Sholar, Kaili Duffy and Austin Rabinowitz) to Never-Never Land with them. There they battle with the pirates and a huge crocodile.
Forty talented high school and middle school students are performing “Oliver Twist,” the Charles Dickens tale so rich and full of life. Oliver, played by Katie Rawson and Teddy Meyer, is orphaned at birth, and then falls into the artful hands of Dodger (Lauren Emmerson and Sarah Nuss). They have a rousing good time on the streets of London and in the den of the head master of the thieves, Mr. Fagin (played by Chris Meyer). Other cast members include Kelsey Brauer and Cori Nuss as Nancy, Daniel Armerding and Andy Taylor as Bill Sykes, and Kara Yates and Sonja Decker as Mrs. Bumble.
“Peter Pan” will play Wednesday and Thursday at 5 p.m. Oliver Twist will run Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 7 p.m., with a Friday matinee at 1 p.m. All tickets are $3.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge