Friday, May 30, 2003
GorgeFest kicks off today at the Port of Hood River, featuring music, food and fun for people of all ages.
Hood River’s newest summer festival is set to get underway today at 11 a.m. on the Marina Green, with the Outdoor Expo and event registration.
The fun will officially kick off at 2 p.m. when Eugene-based electric bluegrass band “Rhetoric Tuesday” takes to the main stage.
Two “Carbo Cruises” on the Sternwheeler will follow at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m., giving community members a chance to interact with the many participants in the Columbia Gorge Marathon, Half Marathon, Gorge Man Half-Ironman triathlon, and the Super Sprint Triathlon.
All four events are scheduled for Sunday, with the early marathon start at 6 a.m. and the normal start at 7 a.m. The Gorge Man will also begin at 7 a.m., while the half marathon will take to the streets at roughly 8:30 a.m.
Finishers will meet at the Marina Green for a post-event party from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In addition, the high school cross-country team will be at the GorgeFest Expo, raising money for their program. GorgeFest will be giving the program more than $1,000 and will help them raise at least a $1,000 more.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge