Friday, May 30, 2003
GorgeFest kicks off today at the Port of Hood River, featuring music, food and fun for people of all ages.
Hood River’s newest summer festival is set to get underway today at 11 a.m. on the Marina Green, with the Outdoor Expo and event registration.
The fun will officially kick off at 2 p.m. when Eugene-based electric bluegrass band “Rhetoric Tuesday” takes to the main stage.
Two “Carbo Cruises” on the Sternwheeler will follow at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m., giving community members a chance to interact with the many participants in the Columbia Gorge Marathon, Half Marathon, Gorge Man Half-Ironman triathlon, and the Super Sprint Triathlon.
All four events are scheduled for Sunday, with the early marathon start at 6 a.m. and the normal start at 7 a.m. The Gorge Man will also begin at 7 a.m., while the half marathon will take to the streets at roughly 8:30 a.m.
Finishers will meet at the Marina Green for a post-event party from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In addition, the high school cross-country team will be at the GorgeFest Expo, raising money for their program. GorgeFest will be giving the program more than $1,000 and will help them raise at least a $1,000 more.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge