Friday, May 30, 2003
GorgeFest kicks off today at the Port of Hood River, featuring music, food and fun for people of all ages.
Hood River’s newest summer festival is set to get underway today at 11 a.m. on the Marina Green, with the Outdoor Expo and event registration.
The fun will officially kick off at 2 p.m. when Eugene-based electric bluegrass band “Rhetoric Tuesday” takes to the main stage.
Two “Carbo Cruises” on the Sternwheeler will follow at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m., giving community members a chance to interact with the many participants in the Columbia Gorge Marathon, Half Marathon, Gorge Man Half-Ironman triathlon, and the Super Sprint Triathlon.
All four events are scheduled for Sunday, with the early marathon start at 6 a.m. and the normal start at 7 a.m. The Gorge Man will also begin at 7 a.m., while the half marathon will take to the streets at roughly 8:30 a.m.
Finishers will meet at the Marina Green for a post-event party from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In addition, the high school cross-country team will be at the GorgeFest Expo, raising money for their program. GorgeFest will be giving the program more than $1,000 and will help them raise at least a $1,000 more.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge