Friday, May 30, 2003
GorgeFest kicks off today at the Port of Hood River, featuring music, food and fun for people of all ages.
Hood River’s newest summer festival is set to get underway today at 11 a.m. on the Marina Green, with the Outdoor Expo and event registration.
The fun will officially kick off at 2 p.m. when Eugene-based electric bluegrass band “Rhetoric Tuesday” takes to the main stage.
Two “Carbo Cruises” on the Sternwheeler will follow at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m., giving community members a chance to interact with the many participants in the Columbia Gorge Marathon, Half Marathon, Gorge Man Half-Ironman triathlon, and the Super Sprint Triathlon.
All four events are scheduled for Sunday, with the early marathon start at 6 a.m. and the normal start at 7 a.m. The Gorge Man will also begin at 7 a.m., while the half marathon will take to the streets at roughly 8:30 a.m.
Finishers will meet at the Marina Green for a post-event party from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In addition, the high school cross-country team will be at the GorgeFest Expo, raising money for their program. GorgeFest will be giving the program more than $1,000 and will help them raise at least a $1,000 more.
More like this story
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
- Church News: Updated for Dec. 9 edition
- HRV girls basketball win in the final seconds at home
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge