Friday, May 30, 2003
GorgeFest kicks off today at the Port of Hood River, featuring music, food and fun for people of all ages.
Hood River’s newest summer festival is set to get underway today at 11 a.m. on the Marina Green, with the Outdoor Expo and event registration.
The fun will officially kick off at 2 p.m. when Eugene-based electric bluegrass band “Rhetoric Tuesday” takes to the main stage.
Two “Carbo Cruises” on the Sternwheeler will follow at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m., giving community members a chance to interact with the many participants in the Columbia Gorge Marathon, Half Marathon, Gorge Man Half-Ironman triathlon, and the Super Sprint Triathlon.
All four events are scheduled for Sunday, with the early marathon start at 6 a.m. and the normal start at 7 a.m. The Gorge Man will also begin at 7 a.m., while the half marathon will take to the streets at roughly 8:30 a.m.
Finishers will meet at the Marina Green for a post-event party from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In addition, the high school cross-country team will be at the GorgeFest Expo, raising money for their program. GorgeFest will be giving the program more than $1,000 and will help them raise at least a $1,000 more.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge