Friday, November 7, 2003
The American Legion Auxiliary will be serving their usual Veterans Day Breakfast Tuesday at the Elk’s Lodge, 3rd and Cascade Streets. Serving will be from 7-10 a.m.
As in the past, the breakfast will be free to all Legion and Auxiliary members with paid membership. Unpaid members and guests will be charged $5 for adults and $3.50 for children under 12.
All veterans, their families and guests are welcome. Enjoy a morning of visiting and eating before attending the 11 a.m. memorial service at Overlook Park.
This would be a good time to bring a gift for the Christmas Gift Shop at the Oregon Veterans Home in The Dalles. Money donations are also accepted as gifts can be purchased by gift shop volunteers. The Gift Shop will open at noon on Dec. 6 at which time residents can choose gifts for their families at no charge to them. The gifts are then wrapped by American Legion Auxiliary volunteers and ready for mailing or delivery. For many families this is the only gift they will receive for Christmas.
The American Legion Auxiliary appreciates the generosity of the Hood River Elks in allowing the use of their lodge for this breakfast.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge