Friday, November 7, 2003
The American Legion Auxiliary will be serving their usual Veterans Day Breakfast Tuesday at the Elk’s Lodge, 3rd and Cascade Streets. Serving will be from 7-10 a.m.
As in the past, the breakfast will be free to all Legion and Auxiliary members with paid membership. Unpaid members and guests will be charged $5 for adults and $3.50 for children under 12.
All veterans, their families and guests are welcome. Enjoy a morning of visiting and eating before attending the 11 a.m. memorial service at Overlook Park.
This would be a good time to bring a gift for the Christmas Gift Shop at the Oregon Veterans Home in The Dalles. Money donations are also accepted as gifts can be purchased by gift shop volunteers. The Gift Shop will open at noon on Dec. 6 at which time residents can choose gifts for their families at no charge to them. The gifts are then wrapped by American Legion Auxiliary volunteers and ready for mailing or delivery. For many families this is the only gift they will receive for Christmas.
The American Legion Auxiliary appreciates the generosity of the Hood River Elks in allowing the use of their lodge for this breakfast.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge