Wednesday, November 12, 2003
Garcia, Ashbrook play Savino’s
Hood River’s own Kelly Garcia plays one of two shows in November this Thursday at Savino’s Lounge in downtown Hood River. Garcia’s solid hooks and catchy lyrics continue to mature, garnering new praise and attention from fans. Music begins early evening. On Saturday, Stephen Ashbrook returns with his band in tow for a night of outstanding lyric infused pop. Ashbrook’s show begins at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover. For more information on upcoming events, visit www.savinoslounge.com.
Shanti’s Groove at Saloon
The rippin’ bluegrass infused sound of Shanti’s Groove invades the River City Saloon this Friday night at 9:30 p.m. The five-piece band, born in the hills of Colorado, is planning a full night of not-to-be-missed music.
On Nov. 20, the Saloon is bringing in two big acts with the Animal Liberation Orchestra and the Motet. Finishing off the huge week of music will be none other than Garaj Mahal, making an unprecedented stop in Hood River. This promises to be one of the top shows of the year. For more information, visit www.rivercitysaloon.com.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge