Wednesday, November 12, 2003
Garcia, Ashbrook play Savino’s
Hood River’s own Kelly Garcia plays one of two shows in November this Thursday at Savino’s Lounge in downtown Hood River. Garcia’s solid hooks and catchy lyrics continue to mature, garnering new praise and attention from fans. Music begins early evening. On Saturday, Stephen Ashbrook returns with his band in tow for a night of outstanding lyric infused pop. Ashbrook’s show begins at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover. For more information on upcoming events, visit www.savinoslounge.com.
Shanti’s Groove at Saloon
The rippin’ bluegrass infused sound of Shanti’s Groove invades the River City Saloon this Friday night at 9:30 p.m. The five-piece band, born in the hills of Colorado, is planning a full night of not-to-be-missed music.
On Nov. 20, the Saloon is bringing in two big acts with the Animal Liberation Orchestra and the Motet. Finishing off the huge week of music will be none other than Garaj Mahal, making an unprecedented stop in Hood River. This promises to be one of the top shows of the year. For more information, visit www.rivercitysaloon.com.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge