Wednesday, November 12, 2003
Garcia, Ashbrook play Savino’s
Hood River’s own Kelly Garcia plays one of two shows in November this Thursday at Savino’s Lounge in downtown Hood River. Garcia’s solid hooks and catchy lyrics continue to mature, garnering new praise and attention from fans. Music begins early evening. On Saturday, Stephen Ashbrook returns with his band in tow for a night of outstanding lyric infused pop. Ashbrook’s show begins at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover. For more information on upcoming events, visit www.savinoslounge.com.
Shanti’s Groove at Saloon
The rippin’ bluegrass infused sound of Shanti’s Groove invades the River City Saloon this Friday night at 9:30 p.m. The five-piece band, born in the hills of Colorado, is planning a full night of not-to-be-missed music.
On Nov. 20, the Saloon is bringing in two big acts with the Animal Liberation Orchestra and the Motet. Finishing off the huge week of music will be none other than Garaj Mahal, making an unprecedented stop in Hood River. This promises to be one of the top shows of the year. For more information, visit www.rivercitysaloon.com.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge