Wednesday, November 12, 2003
Garcia, Ashbrook play Savino’s
Hood River’s own Kelly Garcia plays one of two shows in November this Thursday at Savino’s Lounge in downtown Hood River. Garcia’s solid hooks and catchy lyrics continue to mature, garnering new praise and attention from fans. Music begins early evening. On Saturday, Stephen Ashbrook returns with his band in tow for a night of outstanding lyric infused pop. Ashbrook’s show begins at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover. For more information on upcoming events, visit www.savinoslounge.com.
Shanti’s Groove at Saloon
The rippin’ bluegrass infused sound of Shanti’s Groove invades the River City Saloon this Friday night at 9:30 p.m. The five-piece band, born in the hills of Colorado, is planning a full night of not-to-be-missed music.
On Nov. 20, the Saloon is bringing in two big acts with the Animal Liberation Orchestra and the Motet. Finishing off the huge week of music will be none other than Garaj Mahal, making an unprecedented stop in Hood River. This promises to be one of the top shows of the year. For more information, visit www.rivercitysaloon.com.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 23 edition: Kenny Newlan and Roland Solberg
- Service announcements for Aug. 23 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Bingen blood drive Aug. 30
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge