Wednesday, November 12, 2003
Garcia, Ashbrook play Savino’s
Hood River’s own Kelly Garcia plays one of two shows in November this Thursday at Savino’s Lounge in downtown Hood River. Garcia’s solid hooks and catchy lyrics continue to mature, garnering new praise and attention from fans. Music begins early evening. On Saturday, Stephen Ashbrook returns with his band in tow for a night of outstanding lyric infused pop. Ashbrook’s show begins at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover. For more information on upcoming events, visit www.savinoslounge.com.
Shanti’s Groove at Saloon
The rippin’ bluegrass infused sound of Shanti’s Groove invades the River City Saloon this Friday night at 9:30 p.m. The five-piece band, born in the hills of Colorado, is planning a full night of not-to-be-missed music.
On Nov. 20, the Saloon is bringing in two big acts with the Animal Liberation Orchestra and the Motet. Finishing off the huge week of music will be none other than Garaj Mahal, making an unprecedented stop in Hood River. This promises to be one of the top shows of the year. For more information, visit www.rivercitysaloon.com.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda