Friday, November 14, 2003
It’s that time of year again. The Holiday Fashion Show Charity Gala comes to the Hood River Hotel Ballroom Thursday, featuring local beauties modeling the latest fashions from Hood River’s unique boutiques and shops.
Tickets for the gala cost $7, with all proceeds going to the Hood River Christmas Project and the Tree of Joy.
The Christmas Project is a community effort to provide food baskets for low-income families and gifts for needy kids under 18. The Tree of Joy is a gift request tree for seniors and children residing in alternative living situations.
Retailers whose fashions will be shown during the evening are Kerrits, Windwear, A Salon Day Spa Boutique, Plenty, Doug’s Sports, Ananas and Frolik.
The Holiday Fashion Show has been an annual event in Hood River for seven years. According to organizer Cathy Carter, the gala raises about $1,500 to $2,000 every year for the two charities.
“We’ve given over $10,000 to the charities so far,” Carter said. She added that the show usually sells out, so it’s best to get your tickets early.
This year, all attendees will receive a gift bag filled with items from local shops, including Kerrits, Plenty and Twiggs.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge