Tuesday, October 14, 2003
This Thursday, the pop-infused sounds of Stephen Ashbrook returns to Savino’s Lounge in downtown Hood River. Ashbrook has been garnering major label attention lately. On Thursday, Oct. 23, Hood River’s own Michelle Goguen brings her gritty acoustic sound to Savino’s for an unplugged evening. And, as always, the big Halloween Bash is in full effect with many Fright Night brews currently in the works. For a complete event schedule, visit www.savinoslounge.com.
More like this story
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge