Tuesday, October 14, 2003
The Columbia Gorge Ballroom, located at 3rd and Court Streets in The Dalles, continues its autumn concert series with The Foghorn String Band on Friday, Oct. 24, at 8 p.m. Tickets, available at Yesterday and Today Music Store, 210 Washington St., The Dalles, are $5 in advance. Tickets at the door are $7. Doors open at 7 p.m. The show starts at 8 p.m.
The Foghorn String Band is a five-piece old-time music group from Portland. They play traditional Southern Appalachian style fiddle tunes and songs, music that has been passed from generation to generation in this country long before Portland was even born.
The Columbia Gorge Ballroom is a 3,500 square foot hall with a spring-loaded floor. A catering kitchen and wet bar is available for rent for receptions, speaking engagements, private parties or other group events. For more information about the Ballroom or the concert series, call Clare Feighan at 541-296-8900.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge