Tuesday, October 14, 2003
The Columbia Gorge Ballroom, located at 3rd and Court Streets in The Dalles, continues its autumn concert series with The Foghorn String Band on Friday, Oct. 24, at 8 p.m. Tickets, available at Yesterday and Today Music Store, 210 Washington St., The Dalles, are $5 in advance. Tickets at the door are $7. Doors open at 7 p.m. The show starts at 8 p.m.
The Foghorn String Band is a five-piece old-time music group from Portland. They play traditional Southern Appalachian style fiddle tunes and songs, music that has been passed from generation to generation in this country long before Portland was even born.
The Columbia Gorge Ballroom is a 3,500 square foot hall with a spring-loaded floor. A catering kitchen and wet bar is available for rent for receptions, speaking engagements, private parties or other group events. For more information about the Ballroom or the concert series, call Clare Feighan at 541-296-8900.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge