Tuesday, October 14, 2003
The Columbia Gorge Ballroom, located at 3rd and Court Streets in The Dalles, continues its autumn concert series with The Foghorn String Band on Friday, Oct. 24, at 8 p.m. Tickets, available at Yesterday and Today Music Store, 210 Washington St., The Dalles, are $5 in advance. Tickets at the door are $7. Doors open at 7 p.m. The show starts at 8 p.m.
The Foghorn String Band is a five-piece old-time music group from Portland. They play traditional Southern Appalachian style fiddle tunes and songs, music that has been passed from generation to generation in this country long before Portland was even born.
The Columbia Gorge Ballroom is a 3,500 square foot hall with a spring-loaded floor. A catering kitchen and wet bar is available for rent for receptions, speaking engagements, private parties or other group events. For more information about the Ballroom or the concert series, call Clare Feighan at 541-296-8900.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge