Tuesday, October 14, 2003
The Columbia Gorge Ballroom, located at 3rd and Court Streets in The Dalles, continues its autumn concert series with The Foghorn String Band on Friday, Oct. 24, at 8 p.m. Tickets, available at Yesterday and Today Music Store, 210 Washington St., The Dalles, are $5 in advance. Tickets at the door are $7. Doors open at 7 p.m. The show starts at 8 p.m.
The Foghorn String Band is a five-piece old-time music group from Portland. They play traditional Southern Appalachian style fiddle tunes and songs, music that has been passed from generation to generation in this country long before Portland was even born.
The Columbia Gorge Ballroom is a 3,500 square foot hall with a spring-loaded floor. A catering kitchen and wet bar is available for rent for receptions, speaking engagements, private parties or other group events. For more information about the Ballroom or the concert series, call Clare Feighan at 541-296-8900.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge