Tuesday, October 14, 2003
The Columbia Gorge Ballroom, located at 3rd and Court Streets in The Dalles, continues its autumn concert series with The Foghorn String Band on Friday, Oct. 24, at 8 p.m. Tickets, available at Yesterday and Today Music Store, 210 Washington St., The Dalles, are $5 in advance. Tickets at the door are $7. Doors open at 7 p.m. The show starts at 8 p.m.
The Foghorn String Band is a five-piece old-time music group from Portland. They play traditional Southern Appalachian style fiddle tunes and songs, music that has been passed from generation to generation in this country long before Portland was even born.
The Columbia Gorge Ballroom is a 3,500 square foot hall with a spring-loaded floor. A catering kitchen and wet bar is available for rent for receptions, speaking engagements, private parties or other group events. For more information about the Ballroom or the concert series, call Clare Feighan at 541-296-8900.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge