Friday, September 5, 2003
Beginning Sept. 10, traffic on west May Street will be subject to a lane closure while workers install sewer and water mains.
The section of May Street between approximately the 1800 and 2000 blocks will be affected. Work will be on and off between Sept. 10 and Nov. 15 and will result in up to 10 minute delays.
Work will be performed by Wilson Trucking Excavation.
Also on Sept. 10, The Dalles Maintenance crew will fog seal two sections of Highway 30. A fog seal consists of spraying a light coat of asphalt on the highway. The seal will allow asphalt to soak down into the pavement and bind the road together to provide safer driving conditions.
Maintenance workers will fog seal Highway 30 from Rowena to The Dalles starting at 6:30 a.m. Later in the morning the crew will seal Highway 301 from Celilo to Biggs Junction.
Traffic will be controlled by pilot cars and motorists can expect 20 minute delays. Motorists are encouraged to slow down and drive with caution through the work zone.
Both sections will be striped during the week of Sept. 15.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge