Friday, September 5, 2003
Beginning Sept. 10, traffic on west May Street will be subject to a lane closure while workers install sewer and water mains.
The section of May Street between approximately the 1800 and 2000 blocks will be affected. Work will be on and off between Sept. 10 and Nov. 15 and will result in up to 10 minute delays.
Work will be performed by Wilson Trucking Excavation.
Also on Sept. 10, The Dalles Maintenance crew will fog seal two sections of Highway 30. A fog seal consists of spraying a light coat of asphalt on the highway. The seal will allow asphalt to soak down into the pavement and bind the road together to provide safer driving conditions.
Maintenance workers will fog seal Highway 30 from Rowena to The Dalles starting at 6:30 a.m. Later in the morning the crew will seal Highway 301 from Celilo to Biggs Junction.
Traffic will be controlled by pilot cars and motorists can expect 20 minute delays. Motorists are encouraged to slow down and drive with caution through the work zone.
Both sections will be striped during the week of Sept. 15.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
- ‘Mayerdale Place’ program Oct. 21
- County continues marijuana hearings
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge