Friday, September 5, 2003
Beginning Sept. 10, traffic on west May Street will be subject to a lane closure while workers install sewer and water mains.
The section of May Street between approximately the 1800 and 2000 blocks will be affected. Work will be on and off between Sept. 10 and Nov. 15 and will result in up to 10 minute delays.
Work will be performed by Wilson Trucking Excavation.
Also on Sept. 10, The Dalles Maintenance crew will fog seal two sections of Highway 30. A fog seal consists of spraying a light coat of asphalt on the highway. The seal will allow asphalt to soak down into the pavement and bind the road together to provide safer driving conditions.
Maintenance workers will fog seal Highway 30 from Rowena to The Dalles starting at 6:30 a.m. Later in the morning the crew will seal Highway 301 from Celilo to Biggs Junction.
Traffic will be controlled by pilot cars and motorists can expect 20 minute delays. Motorists are encouraged to slow down and drive with caution through the work zone.
Both sections will be striped during the week of Sept. 15.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge