Tuesday, September 16, 2003
The infectious music of Vinyl blends old-school funk, Latin percussion,reggae and R&B into signature instrumental grooves. Vinyl shows are high energy and dance oriented with a universal appeal. They play to packed houses throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, such as the Great American Music Hall, Slim's, Sweetwater and have headlined and sold-out San Francisco's legendary Fillmore Auditorium.
This Friday, the Vinyl groove will play outdoors at Savino’s Lounge in downtown Hood River. This will be Savino’s final outdoor show of the summer. Music will begin by 10 p.m. and there will be a cover charge.
Vinyl has performed on the main stage at a wide range of music festivals including the High Sierra Music Festival, Mountain Aire Music Festival and Reggae on the River. Such collaborations, combined with their national touring schedule has helped Vinyl become one of the most recognized bands in the jamband community.
For more information on Savino’s Lounge, visit www.savinoslounge.com.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge