Wednesday, September 24, 2003
Driver Alicia Porter of Sublimity prepares to race Saturday in the All-American Soap Box Rally racing event on Wasco Street. Alicia took fifth in the Super Stock division, won by her sister, Ashley. Eric VanDyke of Hood River took fourth in Super Stock. Alex Simmons of Salem won the Stock Division; Chris Murray of Hood River took eighth in Stock. Master’s winner was Patrick Reinhart of Salem. The 32 racers made the event one of the largest in the Northwest, said Jeff McCaw, President/Race Director of Columbia River Soap Box Derby Association. Anyone interested in getting involved in the program can call McCaw at 386-4950. The event was sponsored by Hood River Lions, Community Education, City of Hood River, New York City Subs, and Print It! Hood River will host another race next fall.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge