Wednesday, September 24, 2003
Driver Alicia Porter of Sublimity prepares to race Saturday in the All-American Soap Box Rally racing event on Wasco Street. Alicia took fifth in the Super Stock division, won by her sister, Ashley. Eric VanDyke of Hood River took fourth in Super Stock. Alex Simmons of Salem won the Stock Division; Chris Murray of Hood River took eighth in Stock. Master’s winner was Patrick Reinhart of Salem. The 32 racers made the event one of the largest in the Northwest, said Jeff McCaw, President/Race Director of Columbia River Soap Box Derby Association. Anyone interested in getting involved in the program can call McCaw at 386-4950. The event was sponsored by Hood River Lions, Community Education, City of Hood River, New York City Subs, and Print It! Hood River will host another race next fall.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge