Monday, October 4, 2004
CANBY — Five members of the Hood River Valley youth swim team traveled to Canby on Dec. 27 for the Animal Junior II Swim Meet.
Each swimmer swam the 200 individual medley, the 100 butterfly and the 500 freestyle, and times were added together to figure out placements.
All swimmers competed in the same age group (12-and-under), and place winners were awarded for boys and girls divisions.
The big local winner was Erin Jones of White Salmon, Wash., who finished third overall with times of 2:33.85 (IM), 1:15.90 (fly) and 5:59.02 (free).
Also having a big day was Jessie Robertson, who set the 9-10 girls HRVST club record in the 500 free with a time of 7:21.67. Robertson took 15th overall, posting additional times of 2:56.26 in the IM and 1:32.08 in the fly.
Scott Bergstrom was the top boys finisher, taking 24th place with times of 3:25.53 (IM), 1:53.09 (fly) and 8:00.37 (free.)
Rounding out the local competitors were brothers Adam and Arin Wooster, who took 26th and 27th place, respectively.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge