Monday, October 4, 2004
CANBY — Five members of the Hood River Valley youth swim team traveled to Canby on Dec. 27 for the Animal Junior II Swim Meet.
Each swimmer swam the 200 individual medley, the 100 butterfly and the 500 freestyle, and times were added together to figure out placements.
All swimmers competed in the same age group (12-and-under), and place winners were awarded for boys and girls divisions.
The big local winner was Erin Jones of White Salmon, Wash., who finished third overall with times of 2:33.85 (IM), 1:15.90 (fly) and 5:59.02 (free).
Also having a big day was Jessie Robertson, who set the 9-10 girls HRVST club record in the 500 free with a time of 7:21.67. Robertson took 15th overall, posting additional times of 2:56.26 in the IM and 1:32.08 in the fly.
Scott Bergstrom was the top boys finisher, taking 24th place with times of 3:25.53 (IM), 1:53.09 (fly) and 8:00.37 (free.)
Rounding out the local competitors were brothers Adam and Arin Wooster, who took 26th and 27th place, respectively.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge