Monday, October 4, 2004
CANBY — Five members of the Hood River Valley youth swim team traveled to Canby on Dec. 27 for the Animal Junior II Swim Meet.
Each swimmer swam the 200 individual medley, the 100 butterfly and the 500 freestyle, and times were added together to figure out placements.
All swimmers competed in the same age group (12-and-under), and place winners were awarded for boys and girls divisions.
The big local winner was Erin Jones of White Salmon, Wash., who finished third overall with times of 2:33.85 (IM), 1:15.90 (fly) and 5:59.02 (free).
Also having a big day was Jessie Robertson, who set the 9-10 girls HRVST club record in the 500 free with a time of 7:21.67. Robertson took 15th overall, posting additional times of 2:56.26 in the IM and 1:32.08 in the fly.
Scott Bergstrom was the top boys finisher, taking 24th place with times of 3:25.53 (IM), 1:53.09 (fly) and 8:00.37 (free.)
Rounding out the local competitors were brothers Adam and Arin Wooster, who took 26th and 27th place, respectively.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge