Thursday, August 4, 2005
Tickets are still available for the 2nd annual Art and Soul Auction to benefit Columbia Center for the Arts.
The gala event will be held at the Hood River Expo Center on May 21 beginning at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person.
Reserved tables for eight are available for $1,000. Tickets can be purchased at Waucoma Bookstore, the Columbia Art Gallery or by calling 387-8877.
Tickets include food provided by City Market and two beverages. This year, dancing will follow the auction.
Live music is by Jason Ricci and New Blood from Nashville, a funky jazz band.
Featured auction items include a week’s stay in the Yucatan, Mexico, a week at a home on Galway Bay in Ireland, and a bed-and-breakfast stay and a Shakespeare event in Ashland.
Thirty pieces of art made by Gorge artists also will be auctioned. Auctioneer Steve Talbot will be conducting the auction again this year, and “a couple of new twists” are promised for the evening’s entertainment, accoring to Judie Hanel of the Arts Center board. Columbia Arts has built a room within a room for live auction and dancing, to make it easier for people to hear.
The artwork for this year’s poster was created by Hood River Valley High School student Erica Castro. Limited edition posters will be on sale at the gala.
More like this story
- Heights house fire roars up Friday
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge