Thursday, August 4, 2005
Tickets are still available for the 2nd annual Art and Soul Auction to benefit Columbia Center for the Arts.
The gala event will be held at the Hood River Expo Center on May 21 beginning at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person.
Reserved tables for eight are available for $1,000. Tickets can be purchased at Waucoma Bookstore, the Columbia Art Gallery or by calling 387-8877.
Tickets include food provided by City Market and two beverages. This year, dancing will follow the auction.
Live music is by Jason Ricci and New Blood from Nashville, a funky jazz band.
Featured auction items include a week’s stay in the Yucatan, Mexico, a week at a home on Galway Bay in Ireland, and a bed-and-breakfast stay and a Shakespeare event in Ashland.
Thirty pieces of art made by Gorge artists also will be auctioned. Auctioneer Steve Talbot will be conducting the auction again this year, and “a couple of new twists” are promised for the evening’s entertainment, accoring to Judie Hanel of the Arts Center board. Columbia Arts has built a room within a room for live auction and dancing, to make it easier for people to hear.
The artwork for this year’s poster was created by Hood River Valley High School student Erica Castro. Limited edition posters will be on sale at the gala.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge