Thursday, August 4, 2005
Tickets are still available for the 2nd annual Art and Soul Auction to benefit Columbia Center for the Arts.
The gala event will be held at the Hood River Expo Center on May 21 beginning at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person.
Reserved tables for eight are available for $1,000. Tickets can be purchased at Waucoma Bookstore, the Columbia Art Gallery or by calling 387-8877.
Tickets include food provided by City Market and two beverages. This year, dancing will follow the auction.
Live music is by Jason Ricci and New Blood from Nashville, a funky jazz band.
Featured auction items include a week’s stay in the Yucatan, Mexico, a week at a home on Galway Bay in Ireland, and a bed-and-breakfast stay and a Shakespeare event in Ashland.
Thirty pieces of art made by Gorge artists also will be auctioned. Auctioneer Steve Talbot will be conducting the auction again this year, and “a couple of new twists” are promised for the evening’s entertainment, accoring to Judie Hanel of the Arts Center board. Columbia Arts has built a room within a room for live auction and dancing, to make it easier for people to hear.
The artwork for this year’s poster was created by Hood River Valley High School student Erica Castro. Limited edition posters will be on sale at the gala.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge