Thursday, August 4, 2005
Tickets are still available for the 2nd annual Art and Soul Auction to benefit Columbia Center for the Arts.
The gala event will be held at the Hood River Expo Center on May 21 beginning at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person.
Reserved tables for eight are available for $1,000. Tickets can be purchased at Waucoma Bookstore, the Columbia Art Gallery or by calling 387-8877.
Tickets include food provided by City Market and two beverages. This year, dancing will follow the auction.
Live music is by Jason Ricci and New Blood from Nashville, a funky jazz band.
Featured auction items include a week’s stay in the Yucatan, Mexico, a week at a home on Galway Bay in Ireland, and a bed-and-breakfast stay and a Shakespeare event in Ashland.
Thirty pieces of art made by Gorge artists also will be auctioned. Auctioneer Steve Talbot will be conducting the auction again this year, and “a couple of new twists” are promised for the evening’s entertainment, accoring to Judie Hanel of the Arts Center board. Columbia Arts has built a room within a room for live auction and dancing, to make it easier for people to hear.
The artwork for this year’s poster was created by Hood River Valley High School student Erica Castro. Limited edition posters will be on sale at the gala.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge