Thursday, August 4, 2005
By ADAM LAPIERRE
News staff writer
In the final away game before this season's much anticipated playoff tournament, the Eagles' lacrosse squad trounced Grant High School Tuesday with a commanding 13-5 victory. They finished off their regular season with an 11-3 overall record.
Hood River hosted Riverdale Friday night at home for the opening game of the playoff series but at press time results were not available.
The Eagles fell behind 2-1 in the first quarter of Tuesday's game off back-to-back Grant goals late in the quarter. "We got off to a slow start," head coach Mac Jackson said about Tuesday's game. "But we settled into our style of lacrosse in the second quarter and continued to get stronger as the game progressed."
In the remaining three quarters Hood River outscored Grant 12 goals to three, with five-goal streaks in the second and third quarters. Combined with solid offensive movement and shooting at the crease was Hood River's unyielding defense. Goalie Adam Mack had six saves and the Eagles kept to three penalties to Grant's seven.
"Mack played well in the goal," Jackson said. "And we cleared the ball better than we have in the last several weeks with good passes from our defensemen to our middies."
Looking ahead to the playoff tournament, Hood River defeated Riverdale 15-2 in their only match-up this season.
Assuming the Eagles defeated Riverdale again Friday night, they will move ahead and play the winner of Friday's Grant versus Wilson game- location to be announced.
Hood River played and defeated Grant twice this season (9-1 and 13-5) and Wilson once (10-2) so the Eagles look to have a promising start to the post-season.
Scorers in HRV’s 13-5 victory over Grant High School:
Chris Reidl- 4 goals
Zach Bohince- 4 goals
Paul Spaulding- 2 goals
David Voigt- 1 goal
Casey Vannet- 1 goal
Josh Mchale- 1 goal
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge