Thursday, August 4, 2005
Theodore K. “Ted” Brown, a Hood River, Ore., resident, died April 30, 2005, in Salem, Ore. He was 69 years of age.
Services will be held on Wednesday, May 4, at 2 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center.
Ted was born Nov. 1, 1935, in Mt. City, Tenn., to Charles and Lona (Allen) Brown. He was raised and educated in Tennessee and moved with his family to Parkdale, Ore., in 1959. They lived there for seven years and then moved to Hood River. Ted worked as a carpenter and then as a timber faller. In 1962 Ted was involved in an auto accident which left him disabled. He enjoyed hunting, playing darts, and listening to music.
He is survived by his mother, Lona Brown, of Hood River; three brothers, Raymond Brown of Tennessee, Bud Brown of Parkdale, and Gene Brown, also of Tennessee; two sisters, Helen Funderburk of Olympia, Wash., and Pat Pauline of Parkdale; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Interment will be at Upper Valley Cemetery in Parkdale.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Columbia Gorge Center, c/o Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals-Receptions-Cremations).
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge