Thursday, August 4, 2005
Theodore K. “Ted” Brown, a Hood River, Ore., resident, died April 30, 2005, in Salem, Ore. He was 69 years of age.
Services will be held on Wednesday, May 4, at 2 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center.
Ted was born Nov. 1, 1935, in Mt. City, Tenn., to Charles and Lona (Allen) Brown. He was raised and educated in Tennessee and moved with his family to Parkdale, Ore., in 1959. They lived there for seven years and then moved to Hood River. Ted worked as a carpenter and then as a timber faller. In 1962 Ted was involved in an auto accident which left him disabled. He enjoyed hunting, playing darts, and listening to music.
He is survived by his mother, Lona Brown, of Hood River; three brothers, Raymond Brown of Tennessee, Bud Brown of Parkdale, and Gene Brown, also of Tennessee; two sisters, Helen Funderburk of Olympia, Wash., and Pat Pauline of Parkdale; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Interment will be at Upper Valley Cemetery in Parkdale.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Columbia Gorge Center, c/o Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals-Receptions-Cremations).
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge