Thursday, August 4, 2005
Theodore K. “Ted” Brown, a Hood River, Ore., resident, died April 30, 2005, in Salem, Ore. He was 69 years of age.
Services will be held on Wednesday, May 4, at 2 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center.
Ted was born Nov. 1, 1935, in Mt. City, Tenn., to Charles and Lona (Allen) Brown. He was raised and educated in Tennessee and moved with his family to Parkdale, Ore., in 1959. They lived there for seven years and then moved to Hood River. Ted worked as a carpenter and then as a timber faller. In 1962 Ted was involved in an auto accident which left him disabled. He enjoyed hunting, playing darts, and listening to music.
He is survived by his mother, Lona Brown, of Hood River; three brothers, Raymond Brown of Tennessee, Bud Brown of Parkdale, and Gene Brown, also of Tennessee; two sisters, Helen Funderburk of Olympia, Wash., and Pat Pauline of Parkdale; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Interment will be at Upper Valley Cemetery in Parkdale.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Columbia Gorge Center, c/o Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals-Receptions-Cremations).
More like this story
- Motorcyclist killed in spilled lumber crash
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge