Thursday, August 4, 2005
Theodore K. “Ted” Brown, a Hood River, Ore., resident, died April 30, 2005, in Salem, Ore. He was 69 years of age.
Services will be held on Wednesday, May 4, at 2 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center.
Ted was born Nov. 1, 1935, in Mt. City, Tenn., to Charles and Lona (Allen) Brown. He was raised and educated in Tennessee and moved with his family to Parkdale, Ore., in 1959. They lived there for seven years and then moved to Hood River. Ted worked as a carpenter and then as a timber faller. In 1962 Ted was involved in an auto accident which left him disabled. He enjoyed hunting, playing darts, and listening to music.
He is survived by his mother, Lona Brown, of Hood River; three brothers, Raymond Brown of Tennessee, Bud Brown of Parkdale, and Gene Brown, also of Tennessee; two sisters, Helen Funderburk of Olympia, Wash., and Pat Pauline of Parkdale; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Interment will be at Upper Valley Cemetery in Parkdale.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Columbia Gorge Center, c/o Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals-Receptions-Cremations).
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge