Thursday, August 4, 2005
Theodore K. “Ted” Brown, a Hood River, Ore., resident, died April 30, 2005, in Salem, Ore. He was 69 years of age.
Services will be held on Wednesday, May 4, at 2 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center.
Ted was born Nov. 1, 1935, in Mt. City, Tenn., to Charles and Lona (Allen) Brown. He was raised and educated in Tennessee and moved with his family to Parkdale, Ore., in 1959. They lived there for seven years and then moved to Hood River. Ted worked as a carpenter and then as a timber faller. In 1962 Ted was involved in an auto accident which left him disabled. He enjoyed hunting, playing darts, and listening to music.
He is survived by his mother, Lona Brown, of Hood River; three brothers, Raymond Brown of Tennessee, Bud Brown of Parkdale, and Gene Brown, also of Tennessee; two sisters, Helen Funderburk of Olympia, Wash., and Pat Pauline of Parkdale; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Interment will be at Upper Valley Cemetery in Parkdale.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Columbia Gorge Center, c/o Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals-Receptions-Cremations).
More like this story
- Service announcements for Dec. 2
- Death notices for Dec. 2
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge