Thursday, August 4, 2005
Photo by Kirby Neumann-Rea
Moms and kids enjoyed the sunshine last week outside the dogwood-decked Mike’s Ice Cream. Lewie Taylor hands his mother, Libby, a tiara he borrowed from Eloise Vernhes, who watches in the background with her sister, Raine. Lewie’s brother, Miles, runs up at left. Nearby, but out of the photo, were Vernhes and her infant son, Remy. These dogwood blossoms have mostly transformed to leaves in the past week, but vibrant pink and white dogwoods, along with sturdy lilacs and newly-bloomed rhododendrons form a community-wide corsage to help celebrate Mother’s Day.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge