Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 23, 2005
Hood River Swim Team Ospreys Mariah Rawding and Matthew Bergstrom were honored this weekend at the 2005 Oregon Swimming Annual Awards Banquet and Top Five Ceremony, at Oregon State University’s LaSelles Stewart Center.
The two swimmers were recognized for their efforts in attaining swims that were among the top five fastest times in the state during the year. Rawding had top-five swims in the short course season in the 25 and 50 meter butterfly, 50-meter breaststroke and 100-meter individual medley. Bergstrom had top five swims in the 25 and 100 meter freestyle, 25 and 50 meter butterfly and 100-meter individual medley in the short course season. In the long course season he had top five swims in the 50 and 100 meter freestyle and a first-place top five swim in the 50 meter butterfly.
The Ospreys’ head coach, Shelly Rawding, was also awarded a Coaching Longevity Plaque for 15 years of coaching in Oregon Swimming, including the last nine years with the Hood River Valley Swim Team.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events