Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 23, 2005
Hood River Swim Team Ospreys Mariah Rawding and Matthew Bergstrom were honored this weekend at the 2005 Oregon Swimming Annual Awards Banquet and Top Five Ceremony, at Oregon State University’s LaSelles Stewart Center.
The two swimmers were recognized for their efforts in attaining swims that were among the top five fastest times in the state during the year. Rawding had top-five swims in the short course season in the 25 and 50 meter butterfly, 50-meter breaststroke and 100-meter individual medley. Bergstrom had top five swims in the 25 and 100 meter freestyle, 25 and 50 meter butterfly and 100-meter individual medley in the short course season. In the long course season he had top five swims in the 50 and 100 meter freestyle and a first-place top five swim in the 50 meter butterfly.
The Ospreys’ head coach, Shelly Rawding, was also awarded a Coaching Longevity Plaque for 15 years of coaching in Oregon Swimming, including the last nine years with the Hood River Valley Swim Team.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge