Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 23, 2005
Hood River Swim Team Ospreys Mariah Rawding and Matthew Bergstrom were honored this weekend at the 2005 Oregon Swimming Annual Awards Banquet and Top Five Ceremony, at Oregon State University’s LaSelles Stewart Center.
The two swimmers were recognized for their efforts in attaining swims that were among the top five fastest times in the state during the year. Rawding had top-five swims in the short course season in the 25 and 50 meter butterfly, 50-meter breaststroke and 100-meter individual medley. Bergstrom had top five swims in the 25 and 100 meter freestyle, 25 and 50 meter butterfly and 100-meter individual medley in the short course season. In the long course season he had top five swims in the 50 and 100 meter freestyle and a first-place top five swim in the 50 meter butterfly.
The Ospreys’ head coach, Shelly Rawding, was also awarded a Coaching Longevity Plaque for 15 years of coaching in Oregon Swimming, including the last nine years with the Hood River Valley Swim Team.
More like this story
- Three people, and a dog, survive capsizing in Columbia near Wyeth
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 27: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge