Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 23, 2005
The City of Hood River Public Works Department fall leaf pickup continues within city limits until the first snowfall.
Guidelines to remember:
* Leaves should put in closed 33-gallon bags and placed at curbside on public streets for the crew.
* Do NOT mix branches with the leaves. If bags contain branches, the bags will be left at curbside.
* Leaves should also NOT be raked into the gutter, as they can plug the storm drains and cause flooding.
City residents may also bring leaves, bagged or in loose form, to the Public Works facility at 18th and May streets between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Leaves brought to the facility in bags must be emptied from the bags. Please check in at the City Public Works office before dropping off leaves.
The facility will also be open on Saturday, Dec. 3, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for leaf drop off.
If you would like leaves for mulch, please call Jan Morris at 387-5201 with your name, address and phone number.
(Yard waste — organic clippings no longer than six feet and no thicker than four inches — can be dropped off at no charge each Wednesday at the Hood River Garbage Service transfer station.)
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge