Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 23, 2005
The City of Hood River Public Works Department fall leaf pickup continues within city limits until the first snowfall.
Guidelines to remember:
* Leaves should put in closed 33-gallon bags and placed at curbside on public streets for the crew.
* Do NOT mix branches with the leaves. If bags contain branches, the bags will be left at curbside.
* Leaves should also NOT be raked into the gutter, as they can plug the storm drains and cause flooding.
City residents may also bring leaves, bagged or in loose form, to the Public Works facility at 18th and May streets between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Leaves brought to the facility in bags must be emptied from the bags. Please check in at the City Public Works office before dropping off leaves.
The facility will also be open on Saturday, Dec. 3, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for leaf drop off.
If you would like leaves for mulch, please call Jan Morris at 387-5201 with your name, address and phone number.
(Yard waste — organic clippings no longer than six feet and no thicker than four inches — can be dropped off at no charge each Wednesday at the Hood River Garbage Service transfer station.)
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge