Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 23, 2005
The City of Hood River Public Works Department fall leaf pickup continues within city limits until the first snowfall.
Guidelines to remember:
* Leaves should put in closed 33-gallon bags and placed at curbside on public streets for the crew.
* Do NOT mix branches with the leaves. If bags contain branches, the bags will be left at curbside.
* Leaves should also NOT be raked into the gutter, as they can plug the storm drains and cause flooding.
City residents may also bring leaves, bagged or in loose form, to the Public Works facility at 18th and May streets between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Leaves brought to the facility in bags must be emptied from the bags. Please check in at the City Public Works office before dropping off leaves.
The facility will also be open on Saturday, Dec. 3, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for leaf drop off.
If you would like leaves for mulch, please call Jan Morris at 387-5201 with your name, address and phone number.
(Yard waste — organic clippings no longer than six feet and no thicker than four inches — can be dropped off at no charge each Wednesday at the Hood River Garbage Service transfer station.)
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge