Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 23, 2005
The City of Hood River Public Works Department fall leaf pickup continues within city limits until the first snowfall.
Guidelines to remember:
* Leaves should put in closed 33-gallon bags and placed at curbside on public streets for the crew.
* Do NOT mix branches with the leaves. If bags contain branches, the bags will be left at curbside.
* Leaves should also NOT be raked into the gutter, as they can plug the storm drains and cause flooding.
City residents may also bring leaves, bagged or in loose form, to the Public Works facility at 18th and May streets between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Leaves brought to the facility in bags must be emptied from the bags. Please check in at the City Public Works office before dropping off leaves.
The facility will also be open on Saturday, Dec. 3, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for leaf drop off.
If you would like leaves for mulch, please call Jan Morris at 387-5201 with your name, address and phone number.
(Yard waste — organic clippings no longer than six feet and no thicker than four inches — can be dropped off at no charge each Wednesday at the Hood River Garbage Service transfer station.)
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge