Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 16, 2005
Hood River’s U14 Dynamos boys’ soccer team recently topped off an 11-3-1 fall season by earning the 2005 Division 1 state championship.
Facing teams from as far away as Klamath Falls, the boys, who often played without substitutes, proved to be the best team in the state in their division.
Head coach Mike Kitts offered the following comments about the team; “The boys proved themselves time and again, in several must-win situations and often without substitutes. I’m extremely proud of their effort and heart ... It’s impossible to single out any player for special recognition because they all were equal in their contributions to the great season. I am very happy for these kids.”
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge