Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 16, 2005
Hood River’s U14 Dynamos boys’ soccer team recently topped off an 11-3-1 fall season by earning the 2005 Division 1 state championship.
Facing teams from as far away as Klamath Falls, the boys, who often played without substitutes, proved to be the best team in the state in their division.
Head coach Mike Kitts offered the following comments about the team; “The boys proved themselves time and again, in several must-win situations and often without substitutes. I’m extremely proud of their effort and heart ... It’s impossible to single out any player for special recognition because they all were equal in their contributions to the great season. I am very happy for these kids.”
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge