Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Sinfonietta plans concerts
The Columbia Gorge Sinfonietta returns with conductor Mark Steighner at the Bowe Auditorium (Hood River Valley High School) on Dec. 2 at 7:30 p.m., and Dec. 4 at 1:30 p.m. They will be performing “Overture to The Impresario,” by Mozart, “Violin Concerto No. 1,” by Max Bruch and “Symphony No. 2 ‘Little Russian,’” by Tchaikowsky.
Wine, music at HR Hotel
“Celebrate the Grape” will be a joint wine tasting of The Pines and Phelps Creek wineries, hosted by Hood River Hotel. The event will be in the ballroom Nov. 25 and 26 from 1-6 p.m. Cost is $6. On Mondays at the hotel, catch live music with the The Hapa Hillbillies, 6-8 p.m.,with a free, acoustic and kid friendly show. Hood River Hotel, 106 Oak St., Hood River.
Music at Erin Glenn/Mint Building
Erin Glenn Winery is hosting music at their tasting room at 710 E. Second St., The Dalles this weekend. On Saturday, Nov. 26, Pennies and Small Change (old time and bluegrass) and the Bohemian Social Club (blues) will play. Music starts at 2 p.m. and goes until 7 p.m. On Sunday, Nov. 27, it’s Charles Crossman (solo Jazz guitar) from 12:30-2:30 p.m., and Victor Johnson with Kerry Williams (acoustic) from 3-6 p.m.
Entertainment listings can be e-mailed to email@example.com
More like this story
- After a winless 2014 season, HRV girls team places third at state tournament
- HAHRC BEATS: November is Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Initiative: Mindfulness Center trains ‘Mental Health First Aid’
- Red Cross recommends iron-rich foods prior to blood donation
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 21
- Pitch and Pool: Kudos for fall success, and a look ahead
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Doing what it takes to be the ‘Finest’
- Overlapping ‘Pray for Snow’ parties happen Saturday
- Entertainment Update for Nov. 21
- B Gorge-us Boutique opens, shares space with Gandara
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge