Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Sinfonietta plans concerts
The Columbia Gorge Sinfonietta returns with conductor Mark Steighner at the Bowe Auditorium (Hood River Valley High School) on Dec. 2 at 7:30 p.m., and Dec. 4 at 1:30 p.m. They will be performing “Overture to The Impresario,” by Mozart, “Violin Concerto No. 1,” by Max Bruch and “Symphony No. 2 ‘Little Russian,’” by Tchaikowsky.
Wine, music at HR Hotel
“Celebrate the Grape” will be a joint wine tasting of The Pines and Phelps Creek wineries, hosted by Hood River Hotel. The event will be in the ballroom Nov. 25 and 26 from 1-6 p.m. Cost is $6. On Mondays at the hotel, catch live music with the The Hapa Hillbillies, 6-8 p.m.,with a free, acoustic and kid friendly show. Hood River Hotel, 106 Oak St., Hood River.
Music at Erin Glenn/Mint Building
Erin Glenn Winery is hosting music at their tasting room at 710 E. Second St., The Dalles this weekend. On Saturday, Nov. 26, Pennies and Small Change (old time and bluegrass) and the Bohemian Social Club (blues) will play. Music starts at 2 p.m. and goes until 7 p.m. On Sunday, Nov. 27, it’s Charles Crossman (solo Jazz guitar) from 12:30-2:30 p.m., and Victor Johnson with Kerry Williams (acoustic) from 3-6 p.m.
Entertainment listings can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
More like this story
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 6 to 12
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge