Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Sinfonietta plans concerts
The Columbia Gorge Sinfonietta returns with conductor Mark Steighner at the Bowe Auditorium (Hood River Valley High School) on Dec. 2 at 7:30 p.m., and Dec. 4 at 1:30 p.m. They will be performing “Overture to The Impresario,” by Mozart, “Violin Concerto No. 1,” by Max Bruch and “Symphony No. 2 ‘Little Russian,’” by Tchaikowsky.
Wine, music at HR Hotel
“Celebrate the Grape” will be a joint wine tasting of The Pines and Phelps Creek wineries, hosted by Hood River Hotel. The event will be in the ballroom Nov. 25 and 26 from 1-6 p.m. Cost is $6. On Mondays at the hotel, catch live music with the The Hapa Hillbillies, 6-8 p.m.,with a free, acoustic and kid friendly show. Hood River Hotel, 106 Oak St., Hood River.
Music at Erin Glenn/Mint Building
Erin Glenn Winery is hosting music at their tasting room at 710 E. Second St., The Dalles this weekend. On Saturday, Nov. 26, Pennies and Small Change (old time and bluegrass) and the Bohemian Social Club (blues) will play. Music starts at 2 p.m. and goes until 7 p.m. On Sunday, Nov. 27, it’s Charles Crossman (solo Jazz guitar) from 12:30-2:30 p.m., and Victor Johnson with Kerry Williams (acoustic) from 3-6 p.m.
Entertainment listings can be e-mailed to email@example.com
More like this story
- HRV grad and track athlete Parker Kennedy recovering from freak javelin accident at USATF meet in Beaverton
- BOTG local sticker effective Friday
- Police report burglaries
- Hood River Death Café meets July 9
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge