Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Sinfonietta plans concerts
The Columbia Gorge Sinfonietta returns with conductor Mark Steighner at the Bowe Auditorium (Hood River Valley High School) on Dec. 2 at 7:30 p.m., and Dec. 4 at 1:30 p.m. They will be performing “Overture to The Impresario,” by Mozart, “Violin Concerto No. 1,” by Max Bruch and “Symphony No. 2 ‘Little Russian,’” by Tchaikowsky.
Wine, music at HR Hotel
“Celebrate the Grape” will be a joint wine tasting of The Pines and Phelps Creek wineries, hosted by Hood River Hotel. The event will be in the ballroom Nov. 25 and 26 from 1-6 p.m. Cost is $6. On Mondays at the hotel, catch live music with the The Hapa Hillbillies, 6-8 p.m.,with a free, acoustic and kid friendly show. Hood River Hotel, 106 Oak St., Hood River.
Music at Erin Glenn/Mint Building
Erin Glenn Winery is hosting music at their tasting room at 710 E. Second St., The Dalles this weekend. On Saturday, Nov. 26, Pennies and Small Change (old time and bluegrass) and the Bohemian Social Club (blues) will play. Music starts at 2 p.m. and goes until 7 p.m. On Sunday, Nov. 27, it’s Charles Crossman (solo Jazz guitar) from 12:30-2:30 p.m., and Victor Johnson with Kerry Williams (acoustic) from 3-6 p.m.
Entertainment listings can be e-mailed to email@example.com
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge