Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 9, 2005
Thirteen Hood River businesses will present their winter fashions with flair, worn by local models of all shapes, sizes and ages.
The event is held at the decorated Hood River Hotel Ballroom. The gala starts at 7:30 p.m.; doors open at 6:30. Music will be provided by Area 54.
Tickets are available for $10 each at the stores and apparel manufacturers that will display their wares on Nov. 17: Parts & Labor, Mt. Hood Meadows, A Salon and Day Spa, Ananas Boutique, Flow Yoga, Frolik, Doug’s Sports, Plenty, Windwear, Red Feather, That’s Swank, Pistil hats, and Melika.
Melika is the new store in the retail space formerly occupied by Kerrits, which has opened a new location for its equestrian line, on Industrial Loop in Hood River.
Proceeds from the Fashion Show and Gala go to the Christmas Project, a community effort to provide food baskets and gifts for low income families during the holiday season.
The project is totally a volunteer effort with no tax dollars supporting it. Community donations and volunteering are necessary to ensure needy families and seniors have adequate food for the holidays.
For details on the Christmas Project, call Bruce Holmson at (541) 386-4001.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge