Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 9, 2005
Thirteen Hood River businesses will present their winter fashions with flair, worn by local models of all shapes, sizes and ages.
The event is held at the decorated Hood River Hotel Ballroom. The gala starts at 7:30 p.m.; doors open at 6:30. Music will be provided by Area 54.
Tickets are available for $10 each at the stores and apparel manufacturers that will display their wares on Nov. 17: Parts & Labor, Mt. Hood Meadows, A Salon and Day Spa, Ananas Boutique, Flow Yoga, Frolik, Doug’s Sports, Plenty, Windwear, Red Feather, That’s Swank, Pistil hats, and Melika.
Melika is the new store in the retail space formerly occupied by Kerrits, which has opened a new location for its equestrian line, on Industrial Loop in Hood River.
Proceeds from the Fashion Show and Gala go to the Christmas Project, a community effort to provide food baskets and gifts for low income families during the holiday season.
The project is totally a volunteer effort with no tax dollars supporting it. Community donations and volunteering are necessary to ensure needy families and seniors have adequate food for the holidays.
For details on the Christmas Project, call Bruce Holmson at (541) 386-4001.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge