Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 12, 2005
The Hood River Dynamos Gorge United boys’ U13 soccer team finished its fall season with an overall record of 12-1-1, which was good enough to take their Premier Silver division championship.
The team moved up to the Premier Silver Division this fall after playing in and winning the Division 1 championship in the spring. The boys are now competing for the annual Snickers State Cup, which brings together some of the best premier silver and gold teams in Oregon to compete for the state title.
To qualify for the final rounds of the Snickers Cup in the spring, the team will have to advance through two preliminary rounds of the tournament, which are this weekend. On Saturday, the team plays the Cascade Helix premier gold team in Salem. Then on Sunday Gorge United will host a premier silver team called CSC Rover; 12 p.m. at Westside field.
The group, coached by Pero Lovrin, consists of players from Hood River, White Salmon and The Dalles. Team members are: Cesar Juarez, Gabe Holste, Juan Rivera, Paco Magaña, Josh Clark, Manny “Junior” Garcia, Bruno Maya, Alexis Gomez, Mark Lovrin, Cesar Elisea, Jordan Abramson, Andrew Stenberg, Hector Barajas, Saul “Junior” Gomez, Ramon “Munchie” Villanueva, Rodney Fischer, Erik Gutierrez, team manager Dan Clark and coach Lovrin.
More like this story
- Wy’east High School Class of ’67 plans reunion
- Coming in August to the Hood River Library
- RC Car Club meeting
- Letters to the Editor for July 29
- Another Voice: The best path forward — Fixing, not replacing, the ACA
- Medieval fair takes over Cascade Locks Marine Park Aug. 5
- The Porch: Numbered Stairs mystery solved
- Business Notes: Wells Fargo promotes Trusov, Windermere expands
- End the cruel and dangerous practice of leaving pets in hot cars
- Church News: River of Life plans VBS
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge