Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 12, 2005
The Hood River Dynamos Gorge United boys’ U13 soccer team finished its fall season with an overall record of 12-1-1, which was good enough to take their Premier Silver division championship.
The team moved up to the Premier Silver Division this fall after playing in and winning the Division 1 championship in the spring. The boys are now competing for the annual Snickers State Cup, which brings together some of the best premier silver and gold teams in Oregon to compete for the state title.
To qualify for the final rounds of the Snickers Cup in the spring, the team will have to advance through two preliminary rounds of the tournament, which are this weekend. On Saturday, the team plays the Cascade Helix premier gold team in Salem. Then on Sunday Gorge United will host a premier silver team called CSC Rover; 12 p.m. at Westside field.
The group, coached by Pero Lovrin, consists of players from Hood River, White Salmon and The Dalles. Team members are: Cesar Juarez, Gabe Holste, Juan Rivera, Paco Magaña, Josh Clark, Manny “Junior” Garcia, Bruno Maya, Alexis Gomez, Mark Lovrin, Cesar Elisea, Jordan Abramson, Andrew Stenberg, Hector Barajas, Saul “Junior” Gomez, Ramon “Munchie” Villanueva, Rodney Fischer, Erik Gutierrez, team manager Dan Clark and coach Lovrin.
More like this story
- HRV grad and track athlete Parker Kennedy recovering from freak javelin accident at USATF meet in Beaverton
- Bridge of the Gods local sticker effective Friday
- Police report burglaries
- Hood River Death Café meets July 9
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge