Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 12, 2005
The Hood River Dynamos Gorge United boys’ U13 soccer team finished its fall season with an overall record of 12-1-1, which was good enough to take their Premier Silver division championship.
The team moved up to the Premier Silver Division this fall after playing in and winning the Division 1 championship in the spring. The boys are now competing for the annual Snickers State Cup, which brings together some of the best premier silver and gold teams in Oregon to compete for the state title.
To qualify for the final rounds of the Snickers Cup in the spring, the team will have to advance through two preliminary rounds of the tournament, which are this weekend. On Saturday, the team plays the Cascade Helix premier gold team in Salem. Then on Sunday Gorge United will host a premier silver team called CSC Rover; 12 p.m. at Westside field.
The group, coached by Pero Lovrin, consists of players from Hood River, White Salmon and The Dalles. Team members are: Cesar Juarez, Gabe Holste, Juan Rivera, Paco Magaña, Josh Clark, Manny “Junior” Garcia, Bruno Maya, Alexis Gomez, Mark Lovrin, Cesar Elisea, Jordan Abramson, Andrew Stenberg, Hector Barajas, Saul “Junior” Gomez, Ramon “Munchie” Villanueva, Rodney Fischer, Erik Gutierrez, team manager Dan Clark and coach Lovrin.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge