Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 12, 2005
Oregon Air National guard jets flew over right on schedule at the start of Friday’s 11 a.m. Veterans Day ceremony at Overlook Memorial Park in downtown Hood River. Reacting to the jets’ arrival are Cub Scout Pack 378 members Brylee Langston, Tim Nielsen, Conrad Nielsen, Nicholas Ortiz, Chet Frasier, Tyler Nielsen, and Brent Murahashi. Behind them is pack leader Jeff McCaw. At top, Arlene Allegre of Odell sings the National Anthem as her son, Mike, of the Air National Guard, and City Manager Bob Francis, an Army veteran, salute the flag. About 100 people attended the annual ceremony, which featured a welcome by Army veteran Wendy Herman, a talk on patriotism by Mike Allegre, and presentation of colors by American Legion Post 22 and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1479. Kate Brownback of Hood River performed Taps. Veterans Day events started with the annual American Legion and Auxiliary breakfast at Hood River Elks Lodge.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge