Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 12, 2005
Oregon Air National guard jets flew over right on schedule at the start of Friday’s 11 a.m. Veterans Day ceremony at Overlook Memorial Park in downtown Hood River. Reacting to the jets’ arrival are Cub Scout Pack 378 members Brylee Langston, Tim Nielsen, Conrad Nielsen, Nicholas Ortiz, Chet Frasier, Tyler Nielsen, and Brent Murahashi. Behind them is pack leader Jeff McCaw. At top, Arlene Allegre of Odell sings the National Anthem as her son, Mike, of the Air National Guard, and City Manager Bob Francis, an Army veteran, salute the flag. About 100 people attended the annual ceremony, which featured a welcome by Army veteran Wendy Herman, a talk on patriotism by Mike Allegre, and presentation of colors by American Legion Post 22 and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1479. Kate Brownback of Hood River performed Taps. Veterans Day events started with the annual American Legion and Auxiliary breakfast at Hood River Elks Lodge.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge