Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 16, 2005
Post-season cross country runners Leo Castillo and Erin Jones raced in the USA Track and Field Association’s Junior Olympic regional meet at Sandy High School Saturday afternoon.
The two, who were the top boy and girl runners on the Hood River Valley High School varsity cross country team, got a wet and muddy preview of next year’s Mt. Hood Conference district course.
Castillo, a HRVHS sophomore, is currently preparing for the Dec. 3 Footlocker Regional meet in Walnut, Calif. He ran in the intermediate division of the 5,000-meter race on Saturday, finishing in third place with a time of 17:16.
Jones, a rookie runner and a freshman at HRVHS, ran in the 4,000-meter youth division. According to Coach Kristen Uhler, Jones’ fifth place finish wasn’t bad, considering the wet course conditions and her being sick.
For Jones, the run was a tune-up for next weekend’s elite Border Clash, which she qualified for after a 19th place finish at the Oregon 4A state meet last weekend.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge