Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 30, 2005
* Dec. 1, 3, 4 – Mid Columbia Community Choir will present its 15th annual Christmas concert with the performance of “Bethlehem Morning” and “Christmas Messiah Sing.” There are three concert dates to choose from this year: Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m. in the Hood River Valley Christian Church (to benefit FISH food bank), Dec. 3 at 7:30 p.m. in the Parkdale Community Church (to benefit FISH) and Dec. 4 at 4 p.m. in the Grace Baptist Church in White Salmon (to benefit Evangelical Pastors Assoc. and Mt. Adams Ministerial Associates Emergency Funds). No advance tickets are required but a freewill offering will be received during the program.
* Dec. 2 and 4 – The Columbia Gorge Sinfonietta – in concert at Hood River Valley High School’s Bowe Theatre, conducted by Mark Steighner. (click Musician Frost relishes solo role)
* Dec. 8 – The Trail Band performs, 7 p.m., Hood River Middle School. Tickets are $15 for adults, $6 for children ages 14 or younger. The 2005 edition of the hugely popular “Christmas with the Trail Band” concert comes to Hood River with great music and humor. The show is a benefit for the Hood River Education Foundation. Tickets for the concert are now available in advance at locations around the Gorge, and by mail.
Tickets are available now at Klindt’s Bookstore in The Dalles, Waucoma Bookstore, Cascade Central Credit Union, and the Hood River County School District Community Education office in Hood River, Collage of the Gorge in White Salmon, and Cascade Locks School in Cascade Locks. Credit cards cannot be accepted; all sales are by cash or check.
* Dec. 8 – Singing Christmas Tree, 6:30 p.m. at Hood River Armory, sponsored by Hood River Heights Business Association.
* Dec. 9 – Advent Concert Series, Hood River Valley High School choirs, directed by Mark Steighner. The free concert is at noon at Riverside Community Church, Fourth and State streets, Hood River. Bring your lunch.
* Dec. 10 – Two performances of “Scenes from the Nutcracker” at The Hood River Middle School Auditorium, performed by local ballet students of the Columbia Gorge Dance Academy. This is the eighth annual benefit performance for FISH and Hospice of the Gorge. The public is invited to come see this traditional holiday ballet by bringing canned food for FISH, or a cash donation for Hospice. Performance times are 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Different casts will perform at each performance.
* Dec. 15 – Singing Christmas Tree, 6:30 p.m., Hood River Armory, sponsored by Heights Business Association.
* Dec. 16 – Advent Concert Series, noon at Riverside Community Church, Fourth and State streets, Hood River, with Raleigh McVicker, organist, and Michael McVicker, trumpet. Concerts are free; bring your lunch.
* Dec. 19-24 – Gift of Music: Free concert series in the Gorge Room of Dolce Skamania Lodge, Stevenson. Details, (800) 221-7117.
* Dec. 23 – Advent Concert Series, Tim Mayer piano, Riverside Community Church, Fourth and State Streets, Hood River; bring your lunch.
* Dec. 31 – New Year’s Eve performance at The Dalles Civic Auditorium by the Gorge Jazz Band (ensemble of the Gorge Winds Concert Band) with swing music from the 1940s and ’50s. Details TBA.
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Aug. 19 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Death Notices for Aug. 19 edition: Judith Harmon, Everett Marvel, Edward Leiblein, Joseph Aragon, Rodney VanRiper, Mary Fields, Luis Rodriguez Ayala and Maurine Wattles
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge