Tuesday, December 13, 2005
HRVHS Ski Swap
The annual Hood River Valley High School ski swap will take place this Saturday and Sunday. Equipment check-in for anyone interested in selling ski and snowboard gear is Friday, Nov. 11, from 3-8 p.m. at the high school. Admission into the ski swap on Saturday will be $3.
Winter cheerleading meeting
A mandatory parent meeting for winter cheerleaders will be at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 14 in the Hood River Valley High School cafeteria.
HRVHS alumni basketball game
The annual Hood River Valley High School alumni basketball games will be played Saturday, Nov. 26 in the HRVHS gym. Starting time is 9:30 a.m. and the entry fee is $15. All local residents are welcome to participate. Registration starts at 9 a.m. For more information, contact Phil Hukari at 386-4500.
Lago loses the beard
Horizon soccer coach Mark Lago agreed to shave his beard if the Hawks made it to the state playoffs. On Thursday afternoon the team, including senior captain Jared Nagreen (with clippers), took turns taking cuts from a beard Lago has sported for 12 years.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge