Tuesday, December 13, 2005
HRVHS Ski Swap
The annual Hood River Valley High School ski swap will take place this Saturday and Sunday. Equipment check-in for anyone interested in selling ski and snowboard gear is Friday, Nov. 11, from 3-8 p.m. at the high school. Admission into the ski swap on Saturday will be $3.
Winter cheerleading meeting
A mandatory parent meeting for winter cheerleaders will be at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 14 in the Hood River Valley High School cafeteria.
HRVHS alumni basketball game
The annual Hood River Valley High School alumni basketball games will be played Saturday, Nov. 26 in the HRVHS gym. Starting time is 9:30 a.m. and the entry fee is $15. All local residents are welcome to participate. Registration starts at 9 a.m. For more information, contact Phil Hukari at 386-4500.
Lago loses the beard
Horizon soccer coach Mark Lago agreed to shave his beard if the Hawks made it to the state playoffs. On Thursday afternoon the team, including senior captain Jared Nagreen (with clippers), took turns taking cuts from a beard Lago has sported for 12 years.
More like this story
- Newborn season: Fish and Wildlife says leave young wildlife in the wild
- Pool notes: Dollar open swim offered Memorial Day
- Entertainment Update for May 25
- Death announcement for May 23: Anna Olson
- Hood River Valley wins 5A boys track title
- Water bottling ban passes, legal questions remain
- Murder suspect bails out, gets jailed again
- On the Marks: Dist. 52 candidates talk next moves
- Women pastors lead all three UCC congregations in the Gorge
- Fresh Start Culinary Arts seeks applicants for summer
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge