Tuesday, December 13, 2005
HRVHS Ski Swap
The annual Hood River Valley High School ski swap will take place this Saturday and Sunday. Equipment check-in for anyone interested in selling ski and snowboard gear is Friday, Nov. 11, from 3-8 p.m. at the high school. Admission into the ski swap on Saturday will be $3.
Winter cheerleading meeting
A mandatory parent meeting for winter cheerleaders will be at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 14 in the Hood River Valley High School cafeteria.
HRVHS alumni basketball game
The annual Hood River Valley High School alumni basketball games will be played Saturday, Nov. 26 in the HRVHS gym. Starting time is 9:30 a.m. and the entry fee is $15. All local residents are welcome to participate. Registration starts at 9 a.m. For more information, contact Phil Hukari at 386-4500.
Lago loses the beard
Horizon soccer coach Mark Lago agreed to shave his beard if the Hawks made it to the state playoffs. On Thursday afternoon the team, including senior captain Jared Nagreen (with clippers), took turns taking cuts from a beard Lago has sported for 12 years.
More like this story
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
- Entertainment Update for April 26
- ‘Midsummer’ auditions May 6-7
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge