Tuesday, December 13, 2005
HRVHS Ski Swap
The annual Hood River Valley High School ski swap will take place this Saturday and Sunday. Equipment check-in for anyone interested in selling ski and snowboard gear is Friday, Nov. 11, from 3-8 p.m. at the high school. Admission into the ski swap on Saturday will be $3.
Winter cheerleading meeting
A mandatory parent meeting for winter cheerleaders will be at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 14 in the Hood River Valley High School cafeteria.
HRVHS alumni basketball game
The annual Hood River Valley High School alumni basketball games will be played Saturday, Nov. 26 in the HRVHS gym. Starting time is 9:30 a.m. and the entry fee is $15. All local residents are welcome to participate. Registration starts at 9 a.m. For more information, contact Phil Hukari at 386-4500.
Lago loses the beard
Horizon soccer coach Mark Lago agreed to shave his beard if the Hawks made it to the state playoffs. On Thursday afternoon the team, including senior captain Jared Nagreen (with clippers), took turns taking cuts from a beard Lago has sported for 12 years.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge