Tuesday, December 13, 2005
HRVHS alumni basketball games
The annual Hood River Valley High School alumni basketball games will be Saturday, Nov. 26 in the HRVHS gym. Start time is 9:30 a.m. and the entry fee is $15. All local residents and HRVHS graduates are also welcome to participate. Registration starts at 9 a.m. For more information contact Phil Hukari at 386-4500.
Community Education youth basketball
Community Education basketball has been one of the largest youth programs in the county for several years. Set to begin in the first week of January, registration deadline for the program is December 2. Players in grades three through six will be divided into separate boys and girls leagues for third/fourth graders and fifth/sixth graders. Practices will take place once a week, with games held on Saturdays.
Registration fee each player is $38. Players can register through Community Education at 1009 Eugene St., Hood River or (541) 386- 2055.
Coaches needed — Consisting of about 40 teams each year, the league needs a large number of volunteer coaches. Anyone interested in coaching a team is asked to contact the Community Education office as soon as possible.
Hood River Little League board meeting
The next meeting for the Hood River Little League Main Board will be Monday, Nov. 21, at 6:30 p.m. in the Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital Board Room (on the east side of the building). For questions, contact Cindy Yoshimura at 386-8759.
HRV Baseball winter hitting camp
The Hood River winter baseball camp will take place in the newly completed indoor facility at Trainer Field. The camp will be directed by new HRVHS head baseball coach Craig Webster and coordinated by assistant coach Greg Cusick. The camp is open to players ages 8-14. Emphasis will be on fundamentals, technique and the mental aspects of hitting. Dates will be December 17-18, with two hour sessions each day. For more information or to register for the camp contact Webster at: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Hood River Valley High School athletic department at 386-4500.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge