Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Thanksgiving Turkey Trot
The second annual Turkey Trot 10K fun run/walk and kids 50-yard dash will take place at 9 a.m. Thanksgiving morning, starting at the Hood River side of the Twin Tunnels Historic Highway. Registration starts at 8 a.m. and the $20 fee for the 10K goes to benefit the Mosier Community School. The kids’ dash is free. For more information, contact Peg at 387- 3908.
HRVHS alumni basketball games
The annual Hood River Valley High School alumni basketball games will be Saturday, Nov. 26 in the HRVHS gym. Start time is 9:30 a.m. and the entry fee is $15. All local residents and HRVHS graduates are also welcome to participate. Registration starts at 9 a.m. For more information contact Phil Hukari at 386-4500.
Hood River girls shine on Eastside United
Hood River soccer players Lauren Lloyd and Bridget Merriam, both eighth graders, played this fall on Gresham’s Eastside United Aston Villa soccer team. The girls, who were starting defenders on the team, traveled to Gresham twice a week, plus games on weekends, to help win the U14 Premier Silver division fall state championship. The team also advanced to the quarterfinals of the State Cup in the spring by defeating FC Purple (a U14 Premiere Gold championship team) last weekend.
More like this story
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge