Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 23, 2005
The Hood River Dynamos U13 girl’s team ended the fall soccer season with a strong finish. After winning its final two games of the season, the team ended with a 4-8-2 overall record.
In their final game, on home turf at Westside School, the girls played with great teamwork and defense against the Cascade Soccer Club (CSC) — a team that had beat Hood River 4-3 in their prior meeting in early October.
In their 2-1 victory, the girls worked offensively on setting each other up for scoring opportunities. Maddie Chambers and Emily Ing found the net with the help of their teammate’s passes. Defenders and first year goalie Angie Titus kept the CSC team to only one goal for a 2-1 Hood River win.
“We were inconsistent early in the year, but the finish of the season really showed the strength and power of these girls,” said Coach Erin Thompson.
Support coachTom Merriam added, “This group has fantastic attitudes and abilities. The progress this year was excellent.”
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge