Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 23, 2005
The Hood River Dynamos U13 girl’s team ended the fall soccer season with a strong finish. After winning its final two games of the season, the team ended with a 4-8-2 overall record.
In their final game, on home turf at Westside School, the girls played with great teamwork and defense against the Cascade Soccer Club (CSC) — a team that had beat Hood River 4-3 in their prior meeting in early October.
In their 2-1 victory, the girls worked offensively on setting each other up for scoring opportunities. Maddie Chambers and Emily Ing found the net with the help of their teammate’s passes. Defenders and first year goalie Angie Titus kept the CSC team to only one goal for a 2-1 Hood River win.
“We were inconsistent early in the year, but the finish of the season really showed the strength and power of these girls,” said Coach Erin Thompson.
Support coachTom Merriam added, “This group has fantastic attitudes and abilities. The progress this year was excellent.”
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge