Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 23, 2005
The Hood River Dynamos U13 girl’s team ended the fall soccer season with a strong finish. After winning its final two games of the season, the team ended with a 4-8-2 overall record.
In their final game, on home turf at Westside School, the girls played with great teamwork and defense against the Cascade Soccer Club (CSC) — a team that had beat Hood River 4-3 in their prior meeting in early October.
In their 2-1 victory, the girls worked offensively on setting each other up for scoring opportunities. Maddie Chambers and Emily Ing found the net with the help of their teammate’s passes. Defenders and first year goalie Angie Titus kept the CSC team to only one goal for a 2-1 Hood River win.
“We were inconsistent early in the year, but the finish of the season really showed the strength and power of these girls,” said Coach Erin Thompson.
Support coachTom Merriam added, “This group has fantastic attitudes and abilities. The progress this year was excellent.”
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge