Tuesday, December 13, 2005
November 23, 2005
The Hood River Dynamos U13 girl’s team ended the fall soccer season with a strong finish. After winning its final two games of the season, the team ended with a 4-8-2 overall record.
In their final game, on home turf at Westside School, the girls played with great teamwork and defense against the Cascade Soccer Club (CSC) — a team that had beat Hood River 4-3 in their prior meeting in early October.
In their 2-1 victory, the girls worked offensively on setting each other up for scoring opportunities. Maddie Chambers and Emily Ing found the net with the help of their teammate’s passes. Defenders and first year goalie Angie Titus kept the CSC team to only one goal for a 2-1 Hood River win.
“We were inconsistent early in the year, but the finish of the season really showed the strength and power of these girls,” said Coach Erin Thompson.
Support coachTom Merriam added, “This group has fantastic attitudes and abilities. The progress this year was excellent.”
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays