Wednesday, December 28, 2005
December 17, 2005
Community Ed basketball needs one more coach
The winter Community Education basketball league is in need of a coach for a third and fourth grade boys’ team from Mid Valley Elementary. If interested, contact the Hood River Community Education office at 386-2055 as soon as possible.
Horizon Hawks alumni games
Horizon Christian School is hosting its annual alumni basketball and volleyball games on Saturday at Wy’east Middle School. Volleyball will start at 4 p.m., followed by basketball at 5:30 p.m. All alumni from Horizon, Summit and Baptist Christian schools are invited to play.
Eagles hosting free shooting clinic
HRVHS varsity basketball coach Phil Vesel, along with his staff and players, is putting on a free basketball shooting clinic for boys and girls in 4th through 8th grade. The staff invites kids of all skill levels to spend an afternoon having fun and improving your skills while getting to know the HRVHS varsity basketball players. No registration is necessary. The clinic will be on Dec. 30, from 1-3:30 p.m. in the HRVHS gym.
Cooper Spur Race Team Cooper Camp
The Cooper Spur Race Team still has openings for the annual Cooper Camp, scheduled this year for Dec. 27-31 at the Cooper Spur Ski Resort. The five-day camp is designed as an introduction to ski racing, geared for kids ages 5-18. The camp will end with a fun Cooper Cup race on the last day. For more information or to sign up, visit: www.cooperspurraceteam.org
HRVHS varsity boys lose to Reynolds
The HRVHS varsity boys’ basketball team lost 43-25 in a tough matchup against Reynolds High School. According to coach Phil Vesel, the boys played flat and uninspired, turning the ball over 40 times.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge