Wednesday, December 28, 2005
December 17, 2005
Community Ed basketball needs one more coach
The winter Community Education basketball league is in need of a coach for a third and fourth grade boys’ team from Mid Valley Elementary. If interested, contact the Hood River Community Education office at 386-2055 as soon as possible.
Horizon Hawks alumni games
Horizon Christian School is hosting its annual alumni basketball and volleyball games on Saturday at Wy’east Middle School. Volleyball will start at 4 p.m., followed by basketball at 5:30 p.m. All alumni from Horizon, Summit and Baptist Christian schools are invited to play.
Eagles hosting free shooting clinic
HRVHS varsity basketball coach Phil Vesel, along with his staff and players, is putting on a free basketball shooting clinic for boys and girls in 4th through 8th grade. The staff invites kids of all skill levels to spend an afternoon having fun and improving your skills while getting to know the HRVHS varsity basketball players. No registration is necessary. The clinic will be on Dec. 30, from 1-3:30 p.m. in the HRVHS gym.
Cooper Spur Race Team Cooper Camp
The Cooper Spur Race Team still has openings for the annual Cooper Camp, scheduled this year for Dec. 27-31 at the Cooper Spur Ski Resort. The five-day camp is designed as an introduction to ski racing, geared for kids ages 5-18. The camp will end with a fun Cooper Cup race on the last day. For more information or to sign up, visit: www.cooperspurraceteam.org
HRVHS varsity boys lose to Reynolds
The HRVHS varsity boys’ basketball team lost 43-25 in a tough matchup against Reynolds High School. According to coach Phil Vesel, the boys played flat and uninspired, turning the ball over 40 times.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge