Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Roger Nelson skates across Laurance Lake Wednesday.
The former Wy’east Middle School teacher enjoyed a
rare opportunity to skate on the bare and frozen lake. Laurance freezes over most winters; however, a blanket
of snow usually buries the ice from skaters. Please turn
to Sports on page A9 for a feature on skimming
Laurance Lake’s frozen surface.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge