Wednesday, November 2, 2005
The Hood River Valley Sweet Adelines returned from regional competition in Eugene proudly wearing two medals. The 26 member chorus, directed by Karla Callaway, won first place in the small chorus division and also earned second place among all choruses entered.
Sixteen choruses from Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana were entered in the regional contest. All but one of these was in the small chorus division of 15 to 40 singers where Hood River Valley earned top honors. In addition to the two medals earned the chorus came home with the traveling plaque for first place and Callaway earned the Division A director award.
“We’ve been in the top five for several years now,” said Virginia Hosford, outgoing president, “but this is the first time we’ve won the blue. It feel so good.
“This is such a wonderful hobby and we love what we are doing with or without medals, but it is great to be recognized by our peers for our musical growth.”
Hood River Valley Chorus will appear at noon on May 21 at the White Salmon Spring Festival on the park stage. The public is invited to come listen to the chorus and share in their excitement.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge