Wednesday, November 2, 2005
May 28, 2005
Marva Janik believes that her strong victory in a contested Cascade Locks Port Commission race was tied to her support for a casino.
In the May 17 special election, she beat challenger John Randall, a member of the local casino opposition group, by an 80 percent margin. Janik now takes the Position 4 seat vacated by Scot Sullenger and begins her first four-year term in public office on July 1.
“I consider the vote a good thing because it affirms what this community really wants here,” said Janik, who has resided in the rural city for 27 years.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events