Wednesday, November 2, 2005
June 22, 2005
Ground, a coffee shop located at 12 Oak St. in the old Holstein’s building, is open for business.
Following their grand opening celebration during First Friday in April, the business at Ground has taken off. They offer such specials as Sushi Night on Wednesdays and Thursdays and complete breakfast and lunch menus.
“The concept is to keep the local coffee shop feel, but update the environment,” said co-owner Greg Johnson. “We wanted to create a more retro feel with the space.”
Johnson also pointed out unique features, such as bamboo floors and biodegradable building materials. “The sides of the counters are made from pressed wheat grass,” said Johnson. “They don’t use formaldehyde in it.”
Johnson also said that he wanted to keep the tradition of a coffee shop in the building. “There’s been one coffee shop or another here since the late ’70s,” he said.
Upcoming events at Ground include an outdoor event with the Kayak Shed on July 2, and a TV in the shop that will follow the entire Tour de France.
Ground opens at 6:30 a.m. every day, and closes at 7 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, 8 p.m. on Saturday and 9 p.m. on Friday.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge