Wednesday, November 2, 2005
June 22, 2005
Brilliant late afternoon sunlight bounced off Ben Bonham’s metal slide guitar and onto his face during Sunday’s concert in Jackson Park to benefit the restoration of the Georgiana Smith Memorial Park, also known as library park. “Ben’s guitar is really getting hot up here; any of you folks with sandwiches needing heating up could bring them up,” joked fellow musician Victor Johnson during the set. Fair weather, and a fair-like atmosphere, prevailed as about 300 people listened to music and donated money to the library park. The event raised almost $2,200.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge