Wednesday, November 2, 2005
Kudos to The Dalles and the ART Happening at the Westwind Gallery and Framing last Friday night, June 10. This amazing spacious, lighted venue at 412 E. Second St. provided an entertaining Second Friday ART opening to the four artists Ellen Dittenbrandt (pastels); Stephen Datnoff (fine art photography); Yani VaiVoda (sculpture); and Cameron Kaseberg (photo transfer art) which was well-attended.
Lonnie Wright of The Pines wine served some delicious flavors of red and Mark Alan played some beautiful music. It seemed that Hood River isn’t the “center” of the Gorge, as I met plenty of respectful individuals from Wasco, Dufur, Tygh Valley and Goldendale. Even visitors from California and Portland were totally impressed.
And parking, there were plenty of spaces and foot traffic from the “locals.” Marty and Derek, who own and operate the Gallery and Framing, did a great job, and many thanks to their parents who helped, too.
The show remains hung ’til the second Tuesday of July and they are open seven days a week.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge