Wednesday, November 2, 2005
Kudos to The Dalles and the ART Happening at the Westwind Gallery and Framing last Friday night, June 10. This amazing spacious, lighted venue at 412 E. Second St. provided an entertaining Second Friday ART opening to the four artists Ellen Dittenbrandt (pastels); Stephen Datnoff (fine art photography); Yani VaiVoda (sculpture); and Cameron Kaseberg (photo transfer art) which was well-attended.
Lonnie Wright of The Pines wine served some delicious flavors of red and Mark Alan played some beautiful music. It seemed that Hood River isn’t the “center” of the Gorge, as I met plenty of respectful individuals from Wasco, Dufur, Tygh Valley and Goldendale. Even visitors from California and Portland were totally impressed.
And parking, there were plenty of spaces and foot traffic from the “locals.” Marty and Derek, who own and operate the Gallery and Framing, did a great job, and many thanks to their parents who helped, too.
The show remains hung ’til the second Tuesday of July and they are open seven days a week.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge