Wednesday, November 2, 2005
Kudos to The Dalles and the ART Happening at the Westwind Gallery and Framing last Friday night, June 10. This amazing spacious, lighted venue at 412 E. Second St. provided an entertaining Second Friday ART opening to the four artists Ellen Dittenbrandt (pastels); Stephen Datnoff (fine art photography); Yani VaiVoda (sculpture); and Cameron Kaseberg (photo transfer art) which was well-attended.
Lonnie Wright of The Pines wine served some delicious flavors of red and Mark Alan played some beautiful music. It seemed that Hood River isn’t the “center” of the Gorge, as I met plenty of respectful individuals from Wasco, Dufur, Tygh Valley and Goldendale. Even visitors from California and Portland were totally impressed.
And parking, there were plenty of spaces and foot traffic from the “locals.” Marty and Derek, who own and operate the Gallery and Framing, did a great job, and many thanks to their parents who helped, too.
The show remains hung ’til the second Tuesday of July and they are open seven days a week.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge