Wednesday, November 2, 2005
Kudos to The Dalles and the ART Happening at the Westwind Gallery and Framing last Friday night, June 10. This amazing spacious, lighted venue at 412 E. Second St. provided an entertaining Second Friday ART opening to the four artists Ellen Dittenbrandt (pastels); Stephen Datnoff (fine art photography); Yani VaiVoda (sculpture); and Cameron Kaseberg (photo transfer art) which was well-attended.
Lonnie Wright of The Pines wine served some delicious flavors of red and Mark Alan played some beautiful music. It seemed that Hood River isn’t the “center” of the Gorge, as I met plenty of respectful individuals from Wasco, Dufur, Tygh Valley and Goldendale. Even visitors from California and Portland were totally impressed.
And parking, there were plenty of spaces and foot traffic from the “locals.” Marty and Derek, who own and operate the Gallery and Framing, did a great job, and many thanks to their parents who helped, too.
The show remains hung ’til the second Tuesday of July and they are open seven days a week.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge