Wednesday, November 2, 2005
July 2, 2005
The Hood River Valley Swim Team Ospreys recently brought home a third place trophy from the La Grande Invitational Swim Meet. Along with the team trophy, three individual swimmers earned high points plaques in their age groups.
Matthew Bergstrom and Erin Jones both took first place in eight individual events; and Mariah Rawding took first in six events, second in one and third in one.
"It was a fun meet," head coach Shelly Rawding commented. "Our swimmers did very well and they are getting back into the competition phase of the season. Erin, Matthew and Mariah received well-earned high point awards. These three swimmers are very consistent in their workout habits and always strive to improve their technique and their times. Our team is excited to have had a big growth spurt this spring, and we look forward to having a lot of kids at our next few meets this summer."
Other notable performances at the meet are:
Scott Bergstrom with six second place finishes, Sarah Brending with a first place finish in the 13-14 year-old 200-meter fly, Corrie Brending with a second place finish in the 10-and-under 200-meter freestyle, Anna Phillips with a second place finish in the 13-14 year-old 100-meter butterfly, Jordan Phillips with two first place finishes and three second place finishes in the 15-18 year-old division, Justin Phillips with two third place finishes in the 11-12 year-old division, Jacob Rawding with a sixth place finish in the 9-10 year- old 100-meter breast, Jessie Robertson with two first place finishes in the 11-12 year-old division, and Connor Webb with a third place finish in the 9-10 year- old 100-meter breast stroke.
The next meet for the Hood River Ospreys will be on July 8-10 in The Dalles, where 38 local swimmers will compete.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays