Wednesday, November 2, 2005
May 25, 2005
Openings are still available at the annual Bravissimo music camp, June 20-24, for children in grades 3-5. This is the first, and possibly the only, year that Bravissimo has been geared toward younger kids, according to Mark Steighner, who will be teaching at the camp along with Kathy Hannen-Smith.
It was originally created as a musical enrichment program for middle school and high school students. This year, because of the cutbacks in the music program in elementary schools, the camp was reworked to fill that void. Special guest presenters will include Karin Tauscher, who teaches African marimba.
The deadline for registration is May 27; tuition is $55 and there are a limited number of partial scholarships available to those who qualify for free and reduced-fee school lunches.
The tuition includes all materials, snacks and a recorder. The camp will run Monday through Friday, June 20-24, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Call Community Education, 386-2055, to register.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge