Wednesday, November 2, 2005
June 22, 2005
Hood River Community Education and Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation are offering free movies at Jackson Park this summer. The movies, which will be presented in surround sound and projected on a 20-by-25 foot screen in the park, will be shown Saturdays from the end of June to the end of August. First on the program for this summer:
June 25: “Star Wars: A New Hope” (rated PG). It all started in 1977 in a galaxy far, far away. George Lucas put himself on the pop culture map and cemented his status as a legend with this classic battle between good and evil.
July 2: “A Bug’s Life” (rated G). This 1998 Academy Award nominee features an ant named Flick who hires a troupe of warrior bugs to defend his colony from a horde of freeloading grasshoppers.
July 9: “The Sound of Music” (rated G). Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer lit up the box office in 1965 with this musical treasure. Join the Von Trapp family through their journey in pre-World War II Austria.
July 16: “The 7th Voyage of Sinbad” (rated PG). Sinbad will take you on a dauntless voyage to the island of Colossa, where only the egg of a giant bird can restore a pea-sized princess to normal size.
July 23: “E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial” (rated G). A young boy befriends an alien accidentally left behind on Earth.
July 30: No movie due to the Hood River County Fair.
Aug. 6: “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” (rated G). Disney’s immortal fairy tale springs to life in this animated classic from 1937. It is one of Disney’s masterpieces.
Concessions, including pizza, soda and popcorn, will also be available.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge