Thursday, November 3, 2005
589 swimmers loaded on the Sternwheeler Columbia
Gorge at sunrise Monday morning for the 63rd Cross Channel Swim. Donning bright orange swim caps, batches of 10 swimmers took the plunge off the Sternwheeler
deck into the Columbia’s 69-degree water. More than
70 volunteers lined the 1.1 mile stretch of river from the Bingen Marina to the Best Western Hood River Inn to
corral swimmers safely across.
The event was organized by the
Hood River Chamber of Commerce.
See Saturday’s Hood River News for more
on the 2005 Cross Channel Swim.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 23 edition: Kenny Newlan and Roland Solberg
- Service announcements for Aug. 23 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Bingen blood drive Aug. 30
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge