Thursday, November 3, 2005
589 swimmers loaded on the Sternwheeler Columbia
Gorge at sunrise Monday morning for the 63rd Cross Channel Swim. Donning bright orange swim caps, batches of 10 swimmers took the plunge off the Sternwheeler
deck into the Columbia’s 69-degree water. More than
70 volunteers lined the 1.1 mile stretch of river from the Bingen Marina to the Best Western Hood River Inn to
corral swimmers safely across.
The event was organized by the
Hood River Chamber of Commerce.
See Saturday’s Hood River News for more
on the 2005 Cross Channel Swim.
More like this story
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
- Church News: Updated for Dec. 9 edition
- HRV girls basketball win in the final seconds at home
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge