Thursday, November 3, 2005
589 swimmers loaded on the Sternwheeler Columbia
Gorge at sunrise Monday morning for the 63rd Cross Channel Swim. Donning bright orange swim caps, batches of 10 swimmers took the plunge off the Sternwheeler
deck into the Columbia’s 69-degree water. More than
70 volunteers lined the 1.1 mile stretch of river from the Bingen Marina to the Best Western Hood River Inn to
corral swimmers safely across.
The event was organized by the
Hood River Chamber of Commerce.
See Saturday’s Hood River News for more
on the 2005 Cross Channel Swim.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control