Thursday, November 3, 2005
August 24, 2005
Cascade Locks City Councilor Rob Brostoff was charged with DUII on Saturday night after cruising near the site of the white supremacist rally.
According to sheriff reports, Brostoff was stopped for erratic driving and failed field sobriety tests. He was then transported to the Hood River County Courthouse where he registered a .26 on the intoxilyzer. That is more than three times the .08 legal drinking limit. Brostoff was then booked into NORCOR and held overnight.
On Monday, Brostoff declined to comment on the legal matter upon the advice of his attorney. He has served on the council since being appointed in July of 2000. Brostoff was subsequently voted into office that same fall and re-elected in November of 2004.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge